Luke DeCock: Justin Faulk Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Yeah, I’d say Faulk’s days are probably numbered as a Cane...to the shock of no one after Gardiner...

From LeBrun:

Faulk may be the odd man out now that the Hurricanes have signed Gardiner. Sources confirm Carolina has been exploring the trade market for Faulk and even allowing teams to directly communicate with the player’s camp about a contract extension because that would augment the return in a trade. The ‘Canes and Faulk’s camp, led by agent Brian Bartlett, haven’t really talked extension since a June draft meeting in Vancouver went sideways.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Why, you think he wants to go back to playing for a team out of the playoffs for another contract?

I expected the NTC to be more location-based than performance-based. But in Faulk's case, location-based may still remove ANA and LA to push him back towards home.

And if Anaheim wants him long-term, then interest in the location becomes a bigger deal, and immediate performance less if you believe in the build.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Canes are probably interested in one of Anaheim's forward prospects. Terry, Jones, or Comtois. Comtois is likely only available in the event of an immediate Faulk extension, a la Brannstrom with Mark Stone.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Why, you think he wants to go back to playing for a team out of the playoffs for another contract?

Their prospect pipeline is pretty solid in the short term w/Jones, Comtois, and Steel. Troy Terry looked pretty good for the Gulls last season and didn't embarrass himself in his brief time with the Ducks. They don't have a great defensive pipeline, which means that Faulk likely gets Top 4 minutes and some PP time. All in all it sets himself up well for production for a new contract. And while LA is far from MN, there's worse places to live. Still Faulk is a fisherman (freshwater mostly) and that is one of his passions. He won't get to scratch that itch much in greater Southern CA.

As others have said, he could find his way on the 3rd pairing here in NC.

Who would we want from Anaheim?

What would be an ideal return here. a highish pick + B-C prospect prospect?

Probably a pick and one of Terry, Jones, Steel, or Comtois. Not sure if Anaheim bites on that, but that's what I'm guessing we're asking for. For me, Terry's the right shot of the bunch, but Comtois is younger and probably has the most upside. Jones brings the edge that probably in appealing but he's not progressed as much as some expected since his draft.

Reactions: zman77

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Their prospect pipeline is pretty solid in the short term w/Jones, Comtois, and Steel. Troy Terry looked pretty good for the Gulls last season and didn't embarrass himself in his brief time with the Ducks. They don't have a great defensive pipeline, which means that Faulk likely gets Top 4 minutes and some PP time. All in all it sets himself up well for production for a new contract. And while LA is far from MN, there's worse places to live. Still Faulk is a fisherman (freshwater mostly) and that is one of his passions. He won't get to scratch that itch much in greater Southern CA.

As others have said, he could find his way on the 3rd pairing here in NC.

Probably a pick and one of Terry, Jones, Steel, or Comtois. Not sure if Anaheim bites on that, but that's what I'm guessing we're asking for. For me, Terry's the right shot of the bunch, but Comtois is younger and probably has the most upside. Jones brings the edge that probably in appealing but he's not progressed as much as some expected since his draft.
We have enough draft picks to sweeten the deal, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad