Saad

Pomminville

Hamilton

Muzzin

Craig Anderson

Tyler Johnson

SauceKing91

Sep 2, 2014
You will have no problem with scoring but you are in trouble when it comes to goalie stats and penaltys

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Yeah I kind of figured my goalies were kind of weak. Hopefully though they can do well and exceed expectations.

You still have options even after the draft, if you don't like what you have. You may be able to platoon Gibson + Anderson if they're available. Jake Allen could see starting time if (when) Elliot goes down. Josh Harding has health concerns but will provide you solid goaltending when he plays. There's always a home run waiting to be had with goalie :)

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
is that the order you drafted in? If so why did you take halak so high?

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
You still have options even after the draft, if you don't like what you have. You may be able to platoon Gibson + Anderson if they're available. Jake Allen could see starting time if (when) Elliot goes down. Josh Harding has health concerns but will provide you solid goaltending when he plays. There's always a home run waiting to be had with goalie :)
unfortunately every single one of those guys were taken in the draft

Andersen 11th rd

Gibson 12th

Harding 13th

Allen 16th rd

is that the order you drafted in? If so why did you take halak so high?

as for taking Halak rather high I was coming up to my spot in that round and was like well I am still without a goalie and didn't want to go risk not getting any decent goalie and was like well I think halak will produce well even for the NYI and felt that drafting him here wasn't much of a stretch as he is going to get most of the starts for the isles. I also he might go soon if I didn't draft him then as was the case with all the other goalies I wanted to draft such as Rask Bobrovsky,Bishop, Lehtonen, Mason who all were drafted a little before my turn in there respective rounds Bob and Bishop in the 2nd Kari in the 3rd and Mason in 5th and I felt that taking those guys at my turn in any rounds before they were drafted would be a stretch. I mean I wen't into the draft wanting a balanced team so trying to have one really good player at each position and I felt that Halak while not a stud, was still a really god option at goalie even being on the Islanders. So hopefully I am right on that assumption.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Yarbles02

Dee’s A Bird!
Feb 10, 2012
Edmonton
I think you are going to live to regret the halak pick. Having halak and hiller is not something I would be stoked with, but I totally get it, everyone gets their picks sniped in drafts. It's just the way she goes kinda. Pomminville, however, will turn into a steal, that guy never gets drafted where he deserves to be in pools IMO.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
I had the 11th pick so I picked 11 then 2 then 11 so on and so forth
Other`wise known as a Snake draft and won of the great feature`s that YaHoo has implemented over the Year`s. Back when I start`d playing we didn`t have this luxury. One of my Great Buddy`s got the las`t pick 3 straight years, needless to Say he Hadn`t the greatest Team. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
Love your picks.. I would never draft a Calgary player though so wouldn't have taken Hiller. But I like the majority of those picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad