Line Combos: Just A Scratch (Johnsson)

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
A healthy dose of healthy scratch!

Thank the good Lord!

Johnsson is playing badly. This started in camp/pre-season and had carried into game 3 of the season.

Does it say anything to you when they put in The Goat instead?

What happened to Johnsson.

He is supposed to be a "can't miss" guy.

I don't hate the man, but I hate the major lag in his play lately.

What do you think?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
He must not have came to camp prepared, Babs will fix him and get him playing skilled hockey again.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Reactions: rumman

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Im not one to over react after a few games to start the year.
Why not try him higher in the line up here and there through out some games to get him going like we did with kap.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
He bet on himself with his 1 year contract... even said it publicly. Well, he better step up or it's looking like a bad bet, and there's no bad beat bonus... he's killing himself out there. Looks like a different guy than last season?

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I think he'd do well with Kadri as his centre but the bottom 6 is close to what I hoped it would be for tonight. I would switch ennis with Johnsson but whatever.

Goat adds tonnes of size, however I feel you could throw out Greening and get better skating and grit then him personally.

Or maybe you send Johnsson down to find his game and roll

Greening - Goat - Leivo as your 4th line

Reactions: Cobra777 and frog

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Im not one to over react after a few games to start the year.
Why not try him higher in the line up here and there through out some games to get him going like we did with kap.

I think that happens after tonight.

Let's not forget - this is quite common for Babcock; he likes to have most of his squad rotated into games early in the season, and tonight is a chance for Gauthier to find his legs, much like Marincin had his chance on Sunday.

I'd expect this to be a one-game sitting, and then once he comes back, Babcock tries to get him going (particularly on the Kadri line - I think they need to figure out a way to spark that line)

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
If the team every hopes to trade Gauthier for anything, they are going to need to play him in the NHL.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I think he'd do well with Kadri as his centre but the bottom 6 is close to what I hoped it would be for tonight. I would switch ennis with Johnsson but whatever.

Goat adds tonnes of size, however I feel you could throw out Greening and get better skating and grit then him personally.

Or maybe you send Johnsson down to find his game and roll

Greening - Goat - Leivo as your 4th line

You think Johnsson would pass through waivers do you?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Another flat game for this guy.

Perhaps a second healthy scratch would get his head straight.

Babcock,

Please bag skate this guy.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Scratch Watch is tallying high these days.

Ok is it wrong to expect more from him? If one of our top wingers gets hurt there's no way they are going to all of a sudden give this out of shape / entitled turd a crack at the top 6. I would much rather someone from the Marlies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Ennis was signed as a measuring stick. You need to be better than Tyler in order to play Andreas.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
AJ's been disappointing this season, and it's tough when he doesn't get a lot of minutes to begin with.

Still a younger player adjusting to the NHL though. He's developed well in the AHL with a the MVP last season in the playoffs. Certainly have to give him a good chance at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad