just a question for you to consider

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSoxNation

Jan 31, 2005
deathbear said:
does it seem to any of you here that the owners appear VERY confident that there'll be hockey next winter?

if so, what do you think that signifies?

easy answer, replacement players or if they lose......

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
I think they absolutely have to appear confident there will be hockey. I think they're scared to death of losing marketing and TV money, and if they show any doubt that the season will start on time, a lot of that money is going to go elsewhere. I also think the players should be scared to death of the league losing marketing and TV money... everyone needs a deal to keep the gravy train running.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
ceber said:
I think they absolutely have to appear confident there will be hockey. I think they're scared to death of losing marketing and TV money, and if they show any doubt that the season will start on time, a lot of that money is going to go elsewhere. I also think the players should be scared to death of the league losing marketing and TV money... everyone needs a deal to keep the gravy train running.

yeah, but they were at risk of this during the 2004-05 "season" too...and they never appeared this optimistic at any point.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
They will get hockey next year.

Either through a deal

or an impass..

If they lose( which I have a hard time seeing with their case added to the fact Bush is president)... Well.. then they will have to go from there..

SENSible1*

What do the NHL lawyers have up their sleeve?

That is the question that should have the PA puzzled. They certainly don't seem to think that impasse/implementation is impossible as it has been presented on this board by the PA apologists.

Should be interesting if it ends up going that route.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
Keep the confidence for marketing, and get the players thinking. Nothing more.

Everything is calculated, Clarkes comments, everything.

MacDaddy TLC*

I don't think the owners really want to go the Replacement player route. If they did and no one showed up, the PA would have the upper hand and the Torontos and Detroits of the NHL world would turn this ugly mess into an NHLPA win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad