Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
No, stop putting our 1st overall pick with a plug winger and a guy you’re showcasing for a trade. Newhook can take that spot on the 2nd.
Well Monahan isn’t traded yet. Perfect center to play with Slaf to me.

And Playing on the 2nd line isn’t bad …. Being on the 1st line with Suzuki and Caufield always brings the tough matchups.

Slaf will develop nicely on the second line for now. To be re-evaluated when Monahan is dealt .

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna

And Playing on the 2nd line isn’t bad …. Being on the 1st line with Suzuki and Caufield always brings the tough matchups.

Slaf will develop nicely on the second line for now. To be re-evaluated when Monahan is dealt .
I have a feeling Suzuki's influence is all over the demotion. I have no evidence for this. Just a gut feeling based on their vibe on the ice. I think Suzuki asked to have Anderson back on the line. Either way, I also agree with your post and assessment. I actually would rather have him play with Monahan. I was never a fan of making Nick captain, tbh. Not ready or mature enough in my view.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I have a feeling Suzuki's influence is all over the demotion. I have no evidence for this. Just a gut feeling based on their vibe on the ice. I think Suzuki asked to have Anderson back on the line. Either way, I also agree with your post and assessment. I actually would rather have him play with Monahan. I was never a fan of making Nick captain, tbh. Not ready or mature enough in my view.
It’s the other way around. Nick said they were doing good with Slaf and that it’s probably only to shake things off, not permanent.

If anything he was down playing Anderson. Who would want the worse player on their line.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
It’s the other way around. Nick said they were doing good with Slaf and that it’s probably only to shake things off, not permanent.

If anything he was down playing Anderson. Who would want the worse player on their line.
Good to know. Guess I read it wrong. That's reassuring to hear.

Reactions: Pomee

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012

Hopefully Newhook is back at the point

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
earlier in the year, I said I successful season would be 10g and 30-35points.

He's on his way to doing that. If he could surpass those totals, that would be amazing. He's been playing so well. I really can't wait to see what he becomes in 2 years.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I mean I can also set incredibly low bars and say something is successful

if I make it to 10am without crying my day will be a success
He was drafted and publicly described as a project. Finishing with 35 points, especially after a slow start shows great progression. The stat progression also matches the one we see via our eyes.

He's looking really good out there and has 12 points in his last 19 games, or something like that. He made the first line better. He's added an additional passing threat on the PP.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
earlier in the year, I said I successful season would be 10g and 30-35points.

He's on his way to doing that. If he could surpass those totals, that would be amazing. He's been playing so well. I really can't wait to see what he becomes in 2 years.
35 would be good as that means 16 points in the next 34 games. I am hoping for 40pts. If they put him back with Cole and Nick once Monahan is traded, I think that is very realistic. That would be very good for a 19y/o.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Define 'incredibly low bars'
Define what your bars would be

And.. sorry about your 'problem'..

Just going back quickly to find some comparatives for 1st overalls on their second season

31 points is the pace Yakupov was on (24 points in 63 games)
31 points is what Lafreniere did

everyone else was clearing that bar with ease, including the "busts" like Stephan and most defenseman

so yes i'd say setting your expectations at Nail Yakupov is an incredibly low bar and it's depressing enough to consider crying before 10am

you can look at first season too if you want to argue about difference in age, it's pretty similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad