Junior A in Ontario Costs

Kane88

Nov 1, 2012
Hey, if anyone knows the cost for a team comment so we can try to make a full list of costs for every team.

OJHL

Hamilton Red Wings Average cost per player $5000 to $6000

NOJHL

SIJHL

CCHL

GMHL

Help me add to the list, also if you know if an organization is good post that.

thanks

Ballroomblitz

May 22, 2012
Finding out the cost for every team would be extremely time consuming, quickly out of date (teams change their fee's every season), can be erroneous if not all fee's such as OHA are wrapped in the number. As well you would need to detail what is included by way of ice time, equipment, etc. and non of this even gets into tiered pricing with older players paying less than newer players. There is NO STANDARD, so no DIRECT COMPARISON says the whole story.

If a single team was less expensive but had 3 hours of practice ice plus zero equipment for $4,000 be better than another program that gives 5 hours of ice time per week with 6 free high end sticks, off ice training and $4,200.

The OJHL there is no standard, some have the same cost player to player while others are structured very hard to compare.

How about a team that is $2,500 for a senior player and $4,000 for a player breaking into the league in a structured fee system....what is the price you list on the comparison chart. Do you quote the higher price or the lower price...different structures you cannot compare apples to oranges. Some teams do this as youngers players are used to high fee's, older players may be on their own with less disposable income to remain in the game.

I would say many Jr. A clubs in Ontario run in the $3.5K to the $6K mark in general. That price would be inclusive of all fee's, however differ team to team by way of what the players receive. Some teams tier their prices, some do more equipment, some more ice....however I stand fairly confident in the range I have given.

If you want specifics I do know of some individual programs and what is included, that should NOT be the sole reason for choosing a team however. I would say price is important but equally so are team ownership, coaching, visibility, scholarships awarded, practice ice time, treatment of players, community support, advancement to higher levels.

I would say the average this season would be the $4K mark in my knowledge, with cost not directly equating to the overall experience you would wish to be part of. Some of the middle cost teams have excellent programs, some of the higher ones are some of the worst. Do your research but ask the right questions as sometimes there is more in the details that matter.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad