HAPPY BIRTHDAY! June 19th, 2006

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Where were you that night?

I was on my deck in Charlotte’s 4th Ward, TV set up next to the grill and facing the street.
I stayed home to watch the game by myself and missed a friend's epic 21st birthday party on the beach to do so. Worth it though. I remember the pure bliss I felt during the Cup presentation ceremony, it was like at least 10x what I felt last year after game 7 vs. Washington.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Just got home (my parents house) from my first day of work out of college. Watched with my dad in the place we had watched countless Whalers and Bruins games since I was an infant.

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
I was in Sarasota, FL on a work road trip watching in a hotel room, jumping for joy when they won and wishing I had people to celebrate the win with. I was traveling for work for the earlier games and I remember the airline putting the feed from Canada on and even though it was in French, you could still make out Eric Staal getting a goal and the plane cheered.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
This season is already finished. \We just don't know it yet.
Yeah I said a few months back that "Global Pandemic" would break its championship drought in less time than it took the Cubs to break theirs. The only question that remains is whether or not the Canucks, Leafs, or Sabres can win theirs in a shorter period of time.

Elsker

Jul 3, 2008
Downtown Raleigh
Standing up against the wall in Section 324 right beneath John and Tripp. Same seats we had for every home game the 5 years prior and would continue to occupy for a decade afterward.

Greatest sports event witnessed in person. So lucky to be able to witness the Cup being won before the home crowd instead of on the road and only getting a parade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad