Injury Report: Jumbo to IR ~10/6

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Sounds like Joe's on the mend.

Is it wrong to think our future 1st ballot HoFer and still face of the franchise would be a great addition to the 4th line? I think he'd be happy just to be back on the ice and contributing.

And he needs to bump Vlasic off PP2.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
I hope he is actually close...if we have to do this "not playing tonight" for the entire season only for him to not return I'm going to go crazy. The team is playing well without him. If he is on the road trip to be "one of the guys" just tell us that.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I hope he is actually close...if we have to do this "not playing tonight" for the entire season only for him to not return I'm going to go crazy. The team is playing well without him. If he is on the road trip to be "one of the guys" just tell us that.

Yeah this is not the playoffs where it makes sense to play mind games with the other coach. An 80% thornton still needs to be coached around for opposing teams. That is less important in the regular season.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Is there any realistic possibility Joe comes back into real playing form, or are we witnessing the end?
I mean hes played like 3 games in a year, I dont think any player jumps back into game shape that fast. Id give him 25 games before you throw in the towel.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Is there any realistic possibility Joe comes back into real playing form, or are we witnessing the end?

2015-2016 superstar Joe? Not a chance.

2017-2018 below average 1C/strong 2C sniper Joe? I actually think that’s more likely than not, but not sure how much it really benefits our team at this stage.

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
Get Joe out of the top 6. Sorry to say but he looks like dog shit, which is somewhat to be expected after all the time lost. Start him on the 4th or 3rd for a few games with some 2nd line pp time before giving him any looks on the top lines again. He's got to start making quality plays and get up to speed. Otherwise he's just an anchor.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Get Joe out of the top 6. Sorry to say but he looks like dog ****, which is somewhat to be expected after all the time lost. Start him on the 4th or 3rd for a few games with some 2nd line pp time before giving him any looks on the top lines again. He's got to start making quality plays and get up to speed. Otherwise he's just an anchor.
I think what concerned me so much was his lack of vision in the passing game. Way too many turnovers. Maybe it was just timing because lack of game time but the main reason Jumbo was going to be able to play at this stage in his career was his vision. If thats gone, he is no more than bottom-6 player.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
It's been 2 games. Then again logic would suggest a 39-year old with two major knee injuries has a rapidly closing window.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
It's been 2 games. Then again logic would suggest a 39-year old with two major knee injuries has a rapidly closing window.

Plus, a 39 year old missing a year of hockey isn't good either. It's one thing when your 23 and have your whole career ahead of you, its another when your 39 and looking at retirement. Getting back up to speed before then might just not be possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad