Feb 29, 2020
Add Augustine

And it should go
Danielson
Wallinder
Cossa
ASP
Mazar

Cossa AND ASP over Mazur? I don’t know. That one is tough for me. Mazur is both closer to the NHL than those guys, and has shown a good deal of potential. He looks like his game will complement any top 6. Cossa just had an OK season in the ECHL, and ASP has proven nothing in the SHL yet.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
William Wallinder. Coming off a great season in the SHL. He has proven himself against men. Has got the size, and his skating is smooth as silk. For some NHL teams he would be in the lineup come October, but not with our D.

100% agree
6'4"
195 lbs
near .5 PPG with Rogle

Threepeat is Sider, Soderbloom and Wallinder

It’s a threepeat for the Detroit Red Wings. Detroit defense prospect William Wallinder is the 2022-23 European Hockey Club’s Young Player of the Year.
Playing for Rogle of the SHL. Wallinder was selected as the winner from a group of finalists that also included top 2023 draft hopeful Leo Carlsson (Orebro Hockey, Sweden), Leevi Meriläinen (Karpat Oulu, Finland), Aku Räty (Ilves Tampere, Finland), and David Reinbacher (EHC Kloten, Switzerland).

Reactions: RRhoads

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I think Danielson is the 2nd best prospect. I think his offense will translate better to the NHL than Kasper.
I'm really liking the Danielson pick more and more as time goes on.

Feels like people overthought the production. He's a good skater, with good hands, hockey IQ, effort level (when not literally doing everything for his team). Plus I'm much more convinced he's an NHL C than Dvorsky so I see why we opted for Danielson over him and the likes of Benson, Wood, etc.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'm really liking the Danielson pick more and more as time goes on.

Feels like people overthought the production. He's a good skater, with good hands, hockey IQ, effort level (when not literally doing everything for his team). Plus I'm much more convinced he's an NHL C than Dvorsky so I see why we opted for Danielson over him and the likes of Benson, Wood, etc.

It's always a good question, which one is better player:

A) player who scores 4.00 points/60min and is scored 3.50 points/60min against
B) player who scores 3.00 points/60min and is scored 2.00 points/60min against

Player A is better individual scorer and will impact +0.5 goal difference every night.
Player B scores less as an individual and will create +1.0 goal difference every night.

Player A will get higher salaries at NHL, because 90% of contracts are based on production.
Player B impacts more on winning.

Which one would you like?

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
It's always a good question, which one is better player:

A) player who scores 4.00 points/60min and is scored 3.50 points/60min against
B) player who scores 3.00 points/60min and is scored 2.00 points/60min against

Player A is better individual scorer and will impact +0.5 goal difference every night.
Player B scores less as an individual and will create +1.0 goal difference every night.

Player A will get higher salaries at NHL, because 90% of contracts are based on production.
Player B impacts more on winning.

Which one would you like?
Under those numbers the better goal differential is clearly the right choice.

But can we redo these numbers with Debrincat vs Bertuzzi?? Or if Bert isn't good defensively, find a ~55-65 pt player who is good defensively to do the comparison

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Under those numbers the better goal differential is clearly the right choice.

But can we redo these numbers with Debrincat vs Bertuzzi?? Or if Bert isn't good defensively, find a ~55-65 pt player who is good defensively to do the comparison
Elias Lindholm

Reactions: Henkka

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Lindholm would be same Bergeron-like players, who are paid for peanuts, but they impact on winning or some "WAR"-numbers by 13 million.

Selke styled centers are the key. We have now three who have got votes on different year, all are Michigan Wolverines. And we drafted one from WHL.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I'd love an Lindholm... he is much better than Debrincat!

I don't think he qualifies as a "55-65" pt guy... he's been PPG for a few seasons hasn't he?
Eh... two peaks but 39, 39, 45, 44, 78, 54, 47, 82, 64 is IMO a 55-65pt guy.

He's had one season at exactly 1.0 PPG.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I went with Cossa here even though I am a big Danielson fan. I am not a goalie guy but I still see him as having a super high ceiling even though he isn't Swedish.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Eh... two peaks but 39, 39, 45, 44, 78, 54, 47, 82, 64 is IMO a 55-65pt guy.

He's had one season at exactly 1.0 PPG.

You're counting his first 4 seasons after being rushed to the NHL and playing in bad situations. The story of Elias Lindholm in Calgary vs Carolina are completely different.

325 points with Calgary in 369 games in a 1st line role.
188 points in 374 games with Carolina in a 2nd and 3rd line role.

The Elias Lindholm you trade for isn't the average of the two. It's the player you're getting from Calgary that's been averaging over 19 ATOI, not the player on a poor Carolina team that was averaging 17.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad