GDT: July 1 - Free Agency and Canada Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I think the ROR deal actually helps the Sabres out a lot.

2 NHL bodies + 1 quality prospect who is probably close to stepping in. They just need to hope that one of their guys can fill the #2 center role. They should have NHL quality wingers right now.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I think the ROR deal actually helps the Sabres out a lot.

2 NHL bodies + 1 quality prospect who is probably close to stepping in. They just need to hope that one of their guys can fill the #2 center role. They should have NHL quality wingers right now.

Berglund has seen better days. He’s just not quality anymore

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The only way Buffalo gets better is if Thompson or one of the 1sts or 2nds become a top line player... still don’t see how that helps them now if they’re trying to get better.

I’d be pretty PO’d if I were a Sabres fan.

If the Leafs didn’t get JT I’d be pretty upset that the Leafs did t step up with a better offer

Reactions: cookie

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The only way Buffalo gets better is if Thompson or one of the 1sts or 2nds become a top line player... still don’t see how that helps them now if they’re trying to get better.

If the Leafs didn’t get JT I’d be pretty upset that the Leafs did t step up with a better offer

I agree. I'd of easily payed the equivalent for ROR

Reactions: Daisy Jane

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

Agreed on all accounts.

Said this on the main boards but Botteril has folded his cards twice now at the last minute:

1) Selling Kane low in crunch time at the TDL
2) Selling ROR down to the last minute, an an extreme buy-low price

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The first rounder Buffalo is getting is top 10 protected as well.

I’m not a fan of Thompson, and I think Berglund and Sobotka are decent players but are cap dumps.

A 2nd round pick 3 drafts from now.

I dunno, to me its not a great deal for BUF.

Not to mention, after getting Dahlin, you’d think they’d want to take a step forward

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Hes a 1C in the mold of Bergeron. As for the room, I'd wager the problem in Buffalo's room is still there.......
He had issues in Colorado as well, don't forget that's how he got to Buffalo.

He's a good player, but he's no Bergeron. Especially not the Bergeron we saw this year or very early in his career.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

I’m not a fan of Thompson, and I think Berglund and Sobotka are decent players but are cap dumps.

Not to mention, after getting Dahlin, you’d think they’d want to take a step forward

that's what confuses me.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

What's the protection on the pick? Become a 2nd or roll until the puck is in the teens.

Big changes for STL down the middle today.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Buffalo has bad goaltending and our forwards will eat their forwards and defense alive. Eichel and Middelstadt aren't up for that. Also, who's facing our "3C" Kadri? lol.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
De Haan at 4.5-5 would be solid.

Very good defender, but can control the puck as well.

Haven’t looked at his analytics though

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Well, Dean Blundell also said Stamkos to the Leafs. He clearly just tries to read between the lines and take guesses in hopes it works out.

Also, the deal wasn't done when he reported it based on what Dubas and Tavares said today at the press conference.

From where I was on Twitter, MLHS was first by a large margin today. Props to them.

Isn’t mlhs a member of this board? Was he saying done deal before gramps on this board who said his grandson is friends with Tavares and used to play with him...?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Mirtle released a piece about how the Leafs will be able to keep all their top forwards moving forward. It's really informative. In that piece, he mentions the Leafs are in the process of trading Matt Martin and that the Rangers are one of the teams interested.

That $11-million in space doesn’t include the fact that the Leafs are in the process of trying to move Matt Martin’s contract, potentially I’m hearing to the New York Rangers. Replace him with a depth player in the million-dollar range and their cap space increases to around $12.5-million.

Some of that will potentially be earmarked for performance bonuses, but the point is, the Leafs have flexibility. I still expect there will be changes on the blueline, and they have the space to assume a bigger contract, if required. They can also make a splash at the trade deadline, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad