Player Discussion Julien Gauthier

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
Can't imagine the neck coming back any time soon, this guy has another opportunity. failed last year when multiple RW spots were there for the taking. i've liked what i've seen so far, hope he can build on it.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Can't imagine the neck coming back any time soon, this guy has another opportunity. failed last year when multiple RW spots were there for the taking. i've liked what i've seen so far, hope he can build on it.
Sometimes the light just finally clicks ‘on’. He’s finding holes and space. And suddenly he’s a factor and a weapon. Not sure there’s really any adjustment an opponent can make to neutralize him when he’s playing this way. When Dallas tried to get in his way he draws a penalty.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Like I said,
this guy's not gonna be a heavy scorer for us
BUT BUT BUT BUT
in an equation of a line w/a finisher-scorer, a facilitator, and a driver of play, he is the bull that fits the latter.
No ?

If Chytil = facilitator, they need a scorer on LW.
Had hoped for Vatrano, but...

Reactions: egelband

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
Like I said,
BUT BUT BUT BUT
in an equation of a line w/a finisher-scorer, a facilitator, and a driver of play, he is the bull that fits the latter.
No ?

isn't Vatrano a RW?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
So players can knock down Igor and get away with it. I’d play Reaves over Kravtsov

Yes, Reaves over Kravtsov.

Gauthier, Vesey, Rydahl, Carpenter, Blais, Goodrow over Reaves

With Chytil + top 6, that’s still 13 forwards I prefer in the lineup over Reaves.

We’re going to need the cap at the deadline. 1.75M is too much.

Trouba can be the sheriff for this team.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Like I said,
BUT BUT BUT BUT
No ?

How's about Kreider on the left with Chytil and Gauthier.

Reactions: leetch99

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
1667140333327.png

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The cliche that power forwards take longer to develop... If he can improve his finishing, he will have a long NHL career.
I don't really think that's ever gonna happen.

If he can avoid bad penalties and bad turnovers and be somewhat acceptable defensively then he'll work out as a bottom six guy, but I'm not holding my breath that he's going to really pick up his scoring

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Like I said,
BUT BUT BUT BUT
No ?

The mention of Boo Nieves type "synergy" in 3... 2... 1....

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Still not all that valuable unless he learns how to defend and PK
Really....I think an 800,000 dollar guy that gets a couple of good scoring chances in a lot of games and gets us a chance at a PP in a lot of games is a good 3/4 line asset especially when he is still fairly young and fast . I'm not sure what the other 800,000 dollar guys around the league are doing on a regular basis ......stats for that anyone ? If he brings that for a couple of more games.....and it's not a fluke....and IMO it is not as he has played well in limited ice time .....then Drury best ink him for 3-4 more seasons on the cheap .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I don't really think that's ever gonna happen.

If he can avoid bad penalties and bad turnovers and be somewhat acceptable defensively then he'll work out as a bottom six guy, but I'm not holding my breath that he's going to really pick up his scoring
If he can pressure the D consistently he will give 3-6th rated DMEN fits and if he draws some PP chances even better . He had one bad game where he had some penalty trouble..and one was a questionable Dbl minor that was overblown . It's only 800Grand guys.....we have nobody else at the moment he is robbing minutes from and Kravs is not ready for the NHL because of his size . Give Gauthier the next 10 games and see what he can bring , If he flunks out again.....send him down .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Once he plays 7 more after tonight, Waivers needed to demote.
Yeah...I figured as much and that is a chance they will have to take or else move Kravs for a 2nd rounder . We know Gauthier can fit in the bottom 6 and will always be a cheap big guy that can fly . Then it is up to the coaching staff to mold him into a good bottom 6 role player that we will need long term . I highly doubt he clears waivers once more .....but stranger things have happened . I

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Gauthier can have a long career if he continues to learn how to play as a bottom 6er. He reminds me a lot of the large PF types that Vegas has developed over the years. Carrier, Roy, Kolesar, etc., all are effective players to varying degrees. Kravy has given Gaut another chance so I hope it works out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad