OT: Jukebox: Your Taste In Music

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
if we are doing favorite bands i gotta go with

i know i'm in the minority most places but i love their song lyrics and how they adapt through the decades.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
My musical tastes cross a broad spectrum. But Tom Waits fits right in. They say he is an acquired taste. I prefer his earlier vocals before his voice went full bourbon and gravel. But he has written some great songs. Some of his songs have been covered by other artists as well like the Eagles, Rod Stewart, Diana Krall and the one I am posting here which was covered by Bob Seger. I chose this one because it was live.

Tom Waits - A New Coat of Paint

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia

I know a lot of people will be turned off by his vocals but I think it's what makes it so much better. They also put on a pretty awesome live show.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
RIP Chi Cheng. For those who haven't heard yet, the bassist for the Deftones died yesterday morning. He was in a car accident ~4 years ago which put him in a coma for much of the time afterwards. Really wish he could've recovered. :(

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Had a game this morning. Love this song pre-game or pre-workout. No idea why, I don't generally like rap, but I always find myself bobbing my head and singing. :laugh:

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Here is a band that I guarantee you haven't heard. JJ Grey & Mofro is my current favorite band and if you love the Motown kind of music, or any type or blues or pop you will love him. He has an album coming out today and It is the best album I have heard in years.

edit: His new album This River is on spotify for free. Spotify is free for your computers, you have to pay for the mobile version though.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
^^ One of my favourite bands....they are great live

JFK from MSTRKRFT: "Huoratron is the Electro Metal Mozart."

Huoratron - $$ Troopers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad