GDT: JStaalo back in the lineup

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
I have been preaching... you heathens are finally starting to wake up. This team is very good. Look at what we’ve done since NYE. That’s not streaky luck. We are a team skating hard and fast, finishing checks, and playing with extreme confidence. If we match up with Tampa in round one, then Tampa better pack a lunch because we won’t be an easy out.

Get us a 2C DW!

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I have been preaching... you heathens are finally starting to wake up. This team is very good. Look at what we’ve done since NYE. That’s not streaky luck. We are a team skating hard and fast, finishing checks, and playing with extreme confidence. If we match up with Tampa in round one, then Tampa better pack a lunch because we won’t be an easy out.

Get us a 2C DW!
Screw Tampa, we have a shot not to be a WC at all. Hayes would be such a good add, but the cost would be high.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Unless they get squeezed on the price because of so many other moving parts, Hayes will likely be above what price we should be comfortable with (unless we can try the whole negotiate a contract like we were rumored to potentially be interested in with Dzingel).

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Unless they get squeezed on the price because of so many other moving parts, Hayes will likely be above what price we should be comfortable with (unless we can try the whole negotiate a contract like we were rumored to potentially be interested in with Dzingel).
We should see if they would take Fox. I know that seems like a high price, but if we have to play him to get him to sign, does anyone think that is a good idea with the way the team is playing right now?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
We should see if they would take Fox. I know that seems like a high price, but if we have to play him to get him to sign, does anyone think that is a good idea with the way the team is playing right now?
I think they'd want Fox and a conditional 1st at a minimum. And we don't truly know that Fox is going to demand that. I actually trust the front office to have the pulse on that situation. I have no problem with the notion of moving Fox in general, but I would kind of need to know it's not a rental for him.

Reactions: Unsustainable

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I think they'd want Fox and a conditional 1st at a minimum. And we don't truly know that Fox is going to demand that. I actually trust the front office to have the pulse on that situation. I have no problem with the notion of moving Fox in general, but I would kind of need to know it's not a rental for him.

Wonder is Saarela would interest them, three years later.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I think he'd be on a long list of assets we have that would interest them in their rebuild. It'd be great if we could find the right combo to make it happen. Even better if we can get a guy like that signed.

I mentioned him specifically because the Rangers drafted him and sent him to us in the Staal trade.

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
Sebastian Aho hasn’t scored in 9 games (this being the 10th).

Plenty of assists during that time of course, but crazy to think we are doing this without him finishing.

Yeah, after TT was moved, he has basically 2 snipers next to him and he does not get that many chances himself as previously and also bad luck and bad finishing...I hope he's not getting frustrated about it. Anyway he has 9 assists and +5 in those by playing mainly against opponent's top line. Little bit new role he has now with all these changes. Just don't get frustrated with no goals!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yeah, after TT was moved, he has basically 2 snipers next to him and he does not get that many chances himself as previously and also bad luck and bad finishing...I hope he's not getting frustrated about it. Anyway he has 9 assists and +5 in those by playing mainly against opponent's top line. Little bit new role he has now with all these changes. Just don't get frustrated with no goals!

Not sure what you're talking about. Over those 10 games he took 30 shots...which is actually good for Aho. He just didn't finish them. He averages exactly those 3 shots per game this season but took less than those 3 in previous seasons. Since he moved from Wing to Center there's nothing to be worried about. He's getting lots of chances...

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

The team is winning and en route to the playoffs with him as 1C. I don't think he cares about the personal stats and accolades in the context.

There's the Assists every now and then if he does, but he really doesn't.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
If we keep scoring 3.something goals every game and playing team defense the way they did last night, I couldn't care less if Seabass scores another goal all season.
Nor if the team adds at the deadline. Niederreiter was a huge add, for one game Staal created some offense and was his usual self disrupting the opposition, the D might be crowed--but right now they are helping win games. It would be good to add a high-end forward, but the current team is doing pretty well.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Either Pesce just hit a hot streak coincidentally or moving to the left side has been good for him. He's had long stretches of good play before but he's never been on this level, IMO. He's approaching Slavin territory right now.
Glad to see Pesce get some love. Just have to mention that defensively Slavin is approaching Pesce territory. I read this somewhere and then verified it, Pesce, WITH FAULK as his partner, has kept Crosby, McDavid, Gaudreau--twice, Seguin 1 1/2 times (Pesce and Slavin had equal time on the ice this past game), and Barkov off the the score sheet at even strength. If Slavin had done that, every Canes fan would be making the case for the Norris. As good as Slavin is, Pesce is the team's best defensive LD.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Glad to see Pesce get some love. Just have to mention that defensively Slavin is approaching Pesce territory. I read this somewhere and then verified it, Pesce, WITH FAULK as his partner, has kept Crosby, McDavid, Gaudreau--twice, Seguin 1 1/2 times (Pesce and Slavin had equal time on the ice this past game), and Barkov off the the score sheet at even strength. If Slavin had done that, every Canes fan would be making the case for the Norris. As good as Slavin is, Pesce is the team's best defensive LD.
Bold statement Cotton....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad