JP Levasseur - the next Fleury, Roy, Brodeur??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
HabLover said:
Anybody got the goods on this guy??? How good will he be?

Sounds like he had one hell of a U17 tourney with Team Quebec!?

Is he playing in the Q anyone right now or is he still playing midget?

The next Fleury??? You better change it to Luongo instead dude :)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The next Brodeur is Luongo. The next Luongo is Fleury. The next Fleury could be Levasseur. Who knows.

arsobro

Oct 4, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
PJ Min Shot GA SO W L T AVG

33 Levasseur Jean Plilippe 18 1069,8 580 62 0 8 10 2 3,47

33 Levasseur Jean-Philippe 6'00'' 182 lbs 87-01-15 GK RH

Draft 2003 in the first round by Rouyn-Noranda Huskies 6th overall

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
I saw him at the U-17.
He is a great goalie, not question about it but I think you are to high on him....Will be a starter in the league, but not in the top 5

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I just back from the U17s and Levassuer was the best goalie there by far, IMO he is the next big goalie name in the QMJHL and for the 2005 draft. Against Ontario at the Glacier rink he made 40 saves on 42 shots as Ontario beat Quebec 2-1 as Quebec could only get around 15 or 16 shots on goal.

Ryan Mior was possiblay the 2nd best goalie in the tourny for Atlantic.

Cary Price was absuluty horrible and was pulled in few games and looked really bad in others.

The best Forward there might have been Andrew Cogliano from Ontario, super fast skater, awsome shot as he likes to shoot the puck, decent passing and needs better stickhandling. He is so fast that is just opens up tons of room for him and his shot is super deadly.

Best d-man could come down to a few names, Anikeenko from russia looked awsome big dman, great in his end, very hard crisp passer, great skating, took the body and able to give out big hits, good shot from the point, could create offense and played awsome defense as well.

Patrick McNeill looked super impressive as well, very good shooter from the point, played super positional defense, worked the puck around great at the point and played a very safe game.

Christoph Gawlik is the next big name from Germany I can tell you that, I think he is a late birthday making him 2006 ranked, every scout noticed him, super stickhandler with great passing and playmaking, average shot, but a great skater and is always in good position in the offensive zone. This guy was one of the most impressive players at the tourny and IMO is way better than Marcel Goc at this age...and I mean way better.

For Russia the top ranked Russian forward Sopin for 2005 did nothing, the best forward for 2005 from Russia comes down to Isotomin or Churlin the captin of the team. But I think the two best Russians are Anikeenko and Buravchikov their two d-man who are super in the back end and also great at adding offense.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Jeremiah said:
I had heard the next great undrafted goalie was Kitchener's Alexandre Vincent... :dunno: Haven't heard much about him since?

Alexandre Vincent is playing for the Chicoutimi Sagueneens, if we're talking about the same guy. He's a pretty good one indeed. He's outplaying Deslauriers if you want my advice.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
rahan said:
Alexandre Vincent is playing for the Chicoutimi Sagueneens, if we're talking about the same guy. He's a pretty good one indeed. He's outplaying Deslauriers if you want my advice.

He shut out the Acadie-Bathurst Titans tonight, 30 saves, in a 10-0 victory for the Sags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad