Confirmed with Link: Josh Manson signs 4 year extension

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Nice! Looks like the defensive core is set until the 2021-22 season. Interesting to see how much he got.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Glad to see him locked up. It's at the high end of what I expected for him, but not unreasonable.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I think we might have to choose one of Cogliano or Vatanen, but that doesn't have to be decided until the end of the season.
Not necessarily, but a big possibility.

Boll, Vermette, Beauch, and Maroon's cap hit are off the books next year as well, freeing up 3+ million right there.

All of that will be eaten up by Ritchie and Montour being re-signed though. So yeah, Cogs or Vatanen.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
We actually get a cap credit next year of around 340k from despres as well, which coupled with his 1.26 cap hit this year is another 1.5 off the books.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Not necessarily, but a big possibility.

Boll, Vermette, Beauch, and Maroon's cap hit are off the books next year as well, freeing up 3+ million right there.

All of that will be eaten up by Ritchie and Montour being re-signed though. So yeah, Cogs or Vatanen.
Unless Vats has a way, WAY better season, it has to be him that goes. We can replace him cheap. Cogs, well...we're already paper thin at forward as it is.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
not a cheap contract but definitely don't think we overpaid by any means. we have no one like him in our lineup and i certainly love seeing those hits and him standing up for our guys.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You have to like getting core locked up proactively. It's a reasonable contract, after the last one was such a bargain. Which is typical BM.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
A touch high for a guy who hasn't produced a huge amount of points but it's fair value given how good he is.

And yeah someone will need to go probably next offseason. That decision can hopefully wait until then though. I'm hoping Murray can extend Montour before he has the stats to justify a large raise.

Reactions: Vipers31

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Not a bargain, not an overpayment - but worth it to get him locked down early. Fowler/Lindholm/Manson/Vatanen all locked up long term (though I suspect Vatanen ends up shifted out), and Montour won't be far behind with a 2-3 year extension I would think. Good stuff.

Good deal. Ducks seem really hesitant to ever go to arbitration.
Not a surprise as it bit them in the ass last time they went there (with Wiz IIRC)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad