Seravalli: Josh Manson mentioned as possible target for Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Even when there's smoke in Anaheim, there's almost never fire. Deslaurier for a 1st? Gibson to Carolina? Why does nothing ever happen?

Can someone please go wake up Bob Murray?
I think he's trapped between a rock and a hard place.

1. If he needs to rebuild, he can easily trade guys like Lindholm, Gibson, Manson, Rakell, Grant, etc.. and some other guys (Henrique, etc..) with retention. If he does that though, some guys he probably doesn't want to leave like Fowler will probably ask out.

2. He probably can't resign guys like Manson and Lindholm without big contracts which might be a problem if he needs to rebuild. Why have big contracts to guys in their 30's while trying to rebuild the team? They also might not want to stay for a rebuild, in which case he should trade them.

3. He dealt with a lot of injuries last season and probably doesn't know how good his team is. He could always add pieces this offseason and see if he can re-tool. In which case he shouldn't sell these guys.

Honestly, he might be best off waiting till the deadline, seeing where his team is, and then selling if they need a complete tear-down. Even if it means he loses a bit o value from some guys.

Reactions: abo9 and Arthuros

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Could see it.

Manson and Rakell for Voracek and 14th OA?

Flyers roll with a top 4 of Provorov/Ellis and Sanheim/Manson

gets Voracek off the books and gives the Flyers money to re-sign Couturier and either Manson or Rakell.

Voracek is a good RW to play on the top line with Zegras at C/LW.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Mentioned on his podcast. Curious what price would be for him and Rakell in a package with #13 + going the other way.
Interesting with #13 is we could draft Cossa, Wallstedt or Lambos or if there is a forward too good to pass up on.
Getting Wallstedt at #13 would be good to have for if/when they move Gibson.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I think he's trapped between a rock and a hard place.

1. If he needs to rebuild, he can easily trade guys like Lindholm, Gibson, Manson, Rakell, Grant, etc.. and some other guys (Henrique, etc..) with retention. If he does that though, some guys he probably doesn't want to leave like Fowler will probably ask out.

2. He probably can't resign guys like Manson and Lindholm without big contracts which might be a problem if he needs to rebuild. Why have big contracts to guys in their 30's while trying to rebuild the team? They also might not want to stay for a rebuild, in which case he should trade them.

3. He dealt with a lot of injuries last season and probably doesn't know how good his team is. He could always add pieces this offseason and see if he can re-tool. In which case he shouldn't sell these guys.

Honestly, he might be best off waiting till the deadline, seeing where his team is, and then selling if they need a complete tear-down. Even if it means he loses a bit o value from some guys.
I am with the OP
Even when there's smoke in Anaheim, there's almost never fire. Deslaurier for a 1st? Gibson to Carolina? Why does nothing ever happen?

Can someone please go wake up Bob Murray?

I am with Banks on this one as he has player assets he could be moving that could speed up the rebuild because the assets are not good enough to make them a contender.

Reactions: banks

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Could see it.

gets Voracek off the books and gives the Flyers money to re-sign Couturier and either Manson or Rakell.
He also fits that old school Flyers mold of physical tough guy Dmen who can drop the gloves and knock people out.
Manson and Ellis will have to have some beers together to get over their hate of each other from those Nashville playoff series.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Since he will be a UFA, he will need to be resigned next year along with Couturier, Giroux, and Farabee. I'm sure there won't be a cap issue. Of course if there is, we can just trade draft picks and such to get under the cap so that we have a chance to make the playoffs and then lose. This is good long term planning!

Glad to see the days of Holmgren coming back! Who needs Cap space when we have a shot at making the playoffs...or not...every year!

Reactions: SnS

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Could see it.

In what world does Anaheim do that? One of Manson/Rakell is worth that. Not both.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Don't like this deal for the flyers. I'd maybe do Voracek for Rakell+Manson, but I'm not adding #13 overall to it for two rentals.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
14th OA and a player paid a lot, but still plays at a high level for two players that could very well leave Philly after this season? I think the deal is fair.

Rakell can fetch a mid to late 1st on his own, especially with retention. Recently have seen multiple Avs fans willing to give up their 1st + Barron for Rakell 50% retained, which seems favorable to 14th overall or at least similar.

As to the Voracek inclusion, I really don't think it makes sense for the Ducks to take on that contract unless they are being incentivized to do so. Cap space is a premium and you don't use it to do other teams a favor.

We would need to see proper value for Rakell + Manson and then incentive for eating that bloated contract. You are about 1/3 of the way there

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Could see it.

Holy f*** no.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Rakell can fetch a mid to late 1st on his own, especially with retention. Recently have seen multiple Avs fans willing to give up their 1st + Barron for Rakell 50% retained, which seems favorable to 14th overall or at least similar.

As to the Voracek inclusion, I really don't think it makes sense for the Ducks to take on that contract unless they are being incentivized to do so. Cap space is a premium and you don't use it to do other teams a favor.

We would need to see proper value for Rakell + Manson and then incentive for eating that bloated contract. You are about 1/3 of the way there

What would the Flyers need to add then?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
What would the Flyers need to add then?

In my opinion the original offer makes more sense if you exclude Rakell.

The pick is a fair bit higher than the Ducks could pull for Manson alone, which would be their incentive for taking on Voracek.

To add Rakell to that should cost another piece of 1st round value plus maybe a bit more.

Reactions: CraigsList
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad