Josh Leivo

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Perhaps Babcock isn't going to give Matthews offensive help, until he doesn't need defensive help?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Leivo is way better than Ben Smith and Hyman.

Smith I'll give ya, but I dont really think we can make that statement about Hyman.

Leivo, if he makes the league, will be a scoring 3rd line winger. Hyman is a possession driving 3rd liner at his core. In the end they're both 3rd liners.

Smith plays C so that will automatically give him a leg up, and Babs seems to like him, while he doesnt appear to cre much for Leivo.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Perhaps Babcock isn't going to give Matthews offensive help, until he doesn't need defensive help?

ok but he gets neither right now. Hyman is not good defensively due to his inability to make a simple pass he can win as many board battles as he likes, he then needs to be able to have basic skills to make a pass which he does not. Yes he plays on the PK but it is a little easier when you can ice the puck without any consequence.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I don't get it. Leivo's been recalled but no one's been sent down yet. Isn't that not allowed?

We'll probably hear about that tomorrow morning. Risk losing one of our non exempt D's (Corrado) or a forward, Holland, Smith (Colorado could take him back) or even Leivo.

If I was Lou I would send down a waiver exempt forward whose name starts with an H & ends with an N. You could say it's to work on his scoring game, but it would be really to get him away from Matthews.

pgk

Jun 24, 2014
Im definitely guessing Holland is the one going down.

Holland will get claimed. Unless there is a trade, sending soshnikov down is the smart asset management move. Hope there is a deal in the works. Something has to give.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
Holland will get claimed. Unless there is a trade, sending soshnikov down is the smart asset management move. Hope there is a deal in the works. Something has to give.

Holland was on waivers before re-signing. He cleared.
He might get claimed especially if a team needs short term bodies due to injury, but I don't think it's that likely.

bigloveforthegame

Jan 12, 2017
Josh Leivo - Future ?

What's going on with him , I wonder what the plan is with him ? Last year in the games they played him he showed that he can score goals. Do you think we lose him to the expansion draft ?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Possibly, but he's not going to have a shot here with the shear amount of wing depth. Like Corrado, he may just get waived or traded to be given a shot elsewhere.

Unlike Corrado, he's actually looked good in the NHL whenever he's played.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Leivo looked pretty solid in the two games he's played this year, I really don't understand why he wouldn't be given a chance when guys like Brown/Hyman/Smith/Sosh are able to make the lineup every night when healthy.

He plays very similar to Sosh but with more twice the hockey IQ imo.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I like Leivo. No idea why he doesn't get some more play but maybe TDL moves will give him a shot or he will be part of a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad