Josh Leivo

mr grieves

May 21, 2011
Hyman is the better of the 3 ....far more useful. This is his rookie year and he is playing very well and has 25 points.

He's a nearly 25-year-old rookie, he's playing most of his minutes with a borderline generational talent, and he hasn't been playing well since at least the bye-week.

He's the new Tyler Bozak or Jonas Hoglund.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Hyman is the better of the 3 ....far more useful. This is his rookie year and he is playing very well and has 25 points.

He has 25 points playing the entire time with Matthews.

Put Leivo or even Soshnikov on his line and see how well they do. Hell, Leivo has already demonstrated that he's easily better than Hyman offensively without having the benefit of being attached to Auston's hip, and Nylander on top of that.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He's a nearly 25-year-old rookie, he's playing most of his minutes with a borderline generational talent, and he hasn't been playing well since at least the bye-week.

Hyman is #11, plays the most PK minutes.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

he can only wish he was the new Bozak-Hoglund lol

mr grieves

May 21, 2011
he can only wish he was the new Bozak-Hoglund lol

You're right.

Here's a list of guys who, in the 24-26 yo seasons, played more than 1300 minutes but scored under 15 goals, 35 points:

Matthew Lombardi
Jarret Stoll
Colby Armstrong
Jay McClement
Daniel Winnik

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
You're right.

Here's a list of guys who, in the 24-26 yo seasons, played more than 1300 minutes but scored under 15 goals, 35 points:

Matthew Lombardi
Jarret Stoll
Colby Armstrong
Jay McClement
Daniel Winnik

and i doubt any of those players played the entire year with an elite talent like Mathews

but then again none of them were coached by there daddy

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
You're right.

Matthew Lombardi
Jarret Stoll
Colby Armstrong
Jay McClement
Daniel Winnik

And like Hyman, those are solid, defensively sound bottom-six players.

The difference is that that's where they played, not nailed to the top line.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Hyman helps Mathews a lot more then you think....he does a lot of the heavy lifting and helps to create space for Mathews.

He is also are leading PK ice time player who blocks shots and sacrifices his body...comparing him to that list of player shows a lack of understanding into what makes up a team.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
and i doubt any of those players played the entire year with an elite talent like Mathews

Armstrong actually did play with Crosby as a 22/23 year old IIRC, but he put up 40pts in 47 games doing it

the point stands though - Hyman's a good find for what we gave up to get him, but he's horribly miscast as a top 6 winger

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Hyman is like Kulemin 2.0... Perhaps he will have a break out year like kulemin with 30 goals eventually but we cant hold our breath. So far he's an offensive black hole.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Hyman is like Kulemin 2.0... Perhaps he will have a break out year like kulemin with 30 goals eventually but we cant hold our breath. So far he's an offensive black hole.

I loved Kulemin but that Lokomotiv crash seemed to get to him mentally. He did have some inflated shooting % though that 30 goal year. I thought he'd be a solid 40-50 pt 2-way winger with size for our 2nd line moving forward.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hyman helps Mathews a lot more then you think....he does a lot of the heavy lifting and helps to create space for Mathews.

He is also are leading PK ice time player who blocks shots and sacrifices his body...comparing him to that list of player shows a lack of understanding into what makes up a team.

Pretty much.

mr grieves

May 21, 2011

Yup. It isn't that Hyman shouldn't be in the league. He just shouldn't be on a scoring line. You might as well put Matt Martin there.

Calacatz

Jacked!
Aug 10, 2005
Clicked on a Josh Leivo thread and rad about Hyman for the last 20 minutes.. Typical HF Boards..

To get back on topic.. Leivo needs time with Matthews. Will go in the corner and get the puck as well as create space and finish set ups more often than not.. I can see both producing very well together regardless who the third line member is.. Leivo is very underrated and under utilized IMO.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Clicked on a Josh Leivo thread and rad about Hyman for the last 20 minutes.. Typical HF Boards..

To get back on topic.. Leivo needs time with Matthews. Will go in the corner and get the puck as well as create space and finish set ups more often than not.. I can see both producing very well together regardless who the third line member is.. Leivo is very underrated and under utilized IMO.

Leivo has been like top 1-3 possession player damn near every night he's been in the line up.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
I could be wrong but I think Babcock has squandered up to ten points this year. He probably is a big part of the reason, why the team is up where it is, but it could be even better Mike.

And if you don't shape up Mike, I am going to start making spoof videos on your funny accent and bad syntax.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Leivo will disappoint with his effort level over the long haul. Drop him in a bucket with these guys:
Mason Raymond
Joe Colborne
Peter Holland
Matt Frattin
Lee Stempniak
Victor Stalberg
Jiri Tlusty
Decent players that show flashes but can't sustain the necessary effort to be a solid long term contributor to a good team.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I could be wrong but I think Babcock has squandered up to ten points this year. He probably is a big part of the reason, why the team is up where it is, but it could be even better Mike.

And if you don't shape up Mike, I am going to start making spoof videos on your funny accent and bad syntax.

Seconded!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Leivo will disappoint with his effort level over the long haul. Drop him in a bucket with these guys:
Mason Raymond
Joe Colborne
Peter Holland
Matt Frattin
Lee Stempniak
Victor Stalberg
Jiri Tlusty
Decent players that show flashes but can't sustain the necessary effort to be a solid long term contributor to a good team.

first of all this is magic 8 ball stuff. And second, if this had an ounce of truth in it then you play Leivo, and sell high on him and grab a D.

You don't devalue your own asset. It has been complete crapshoot with management of assets this season

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Babcock is making moves like he is here for a long time.

I got some bad news for him, we don't have Nik Lidstrom on our back end. We got Morgan Rielly .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad