Player Discussion Josh Jooris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Is someone at C moving or just more depth? Seems like a lot of signings at C just to fill a 4C spot with Lindberg, Gerbe, and now Jooris.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Is someone at C moving or just more depth? Seems like a lot of signings at C just to fill a 4C spot with Lindberg, Gerbe, and now Jooris.

Lindberg is hurt to start the year and Gerbe will be playing wing.

What do the underlying numbers on him look like? I remember some talking somewhat highly of him but I can't recall if I'm getting mixed up with someone.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
In more good news, this is one more body that hopefully pushes Tanner Glass out of the picture for good. Gerbe, Jooris, Jensen, Lindberg, Hrivik, etc. All 4th line options.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA

What do the underlying numbers on him look like? I remember some talking somewhat highly of him but I can't recall if I'm getting mixed up with someone.

I'm looking at last season and He's got decent shot suppression numbers and alright possession numbers. Everything, especially scoring, is lackluster

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers did need better penalty killing forwards last year. Too many times the points were open and too many times those points were open directly in front of the goal.

Ideally as well Rick Nash won't be your go to penalty killing forward. If the Rangers can cut down on his penalty killing time maybe he'll start scoring more goals.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011

I was wondering the same. I remember some talking somewhat poorly of him but I can't recall where lol. He had that hot stretch a year ago or maybe it was two years ago but I read something negative about his overall play.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Jooris was a great leader at Union, but never more than a 2nd liner. Havent seen him in the NHL yet.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
In more good news, this is one more body that hopefully pushes Tanner Glass out of the picture for good. Gerbe, Jooris, Jensen, Lindberg, Hrivik, etc. All 4th line options.

Lol we do this every year. Last year it almost worked but everyone had to get injured. Vigno will always find a way to keep Glass in the 12 spot. At this point, I just hope we don't re-sign him. Dear god, just the thought of that.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
What is with management thinking the PK needs help with personnel. Like, dude, you had the ****ing jesus what's his face Daniel Paille experiment. It's not the personnel. It's the coaching and the defensemen. This is why I don't like to talk hockey anymore. Management plugs a few "great 4th line PKers" and hope to address the PK but it's just the actual defense you morons. What about Dom Moore screams a poor penalty killer to you?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I'm really curious as to where Gorton places Jensen in the depth chart. If he keeps up the good work, maybe a call up around Christmas will be useful.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
What is with management thinking the PK needs help with personnel. Like, dude, you had the ****ing jesus what's his face Daniel Paille experiment. It's not the personnel. It's the coaching and the defensemen. This is why I don't like to talk hockey anymore. Management plugs a few "great 4th line PKers" and hope to address the PK but it's just the actual defense you morons. What about Dom Moore screams a poor penalty killer to you?

It was a combination of personnel and the system. Dom Moore's game totally fell of a cliff last season, Fast is overrated on the PK, Glass stinks, and Hagelin was a huge loss on the PK that wasn't replaced.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I'm really curious as to where Gorton places Jensen in the depth chart. If he keeps up the good work, maybe a call up around Christmas will be useful.

Jensen is waiver eligible. If we waive him to send him to Hartford, we'll probably lose him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad