Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Arthur Staple‏Verified account @StapeNewsday 2m2 minutes ago
More
#Isles have recalled Josh Ho-Sang on an emergency basis.

:yo::yo:

Shocking.

Happy for Josh. Happy for us. Talent wins out.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Ridiculous.

I'm the only employee who has never received a complaint against them (I work with the public half of the time), has the most ability and knowledge for my position, am incredibly flexible on the hours I'm willing to work/change my hours to accommodate others, and rarely ever call out, but I'm a bad employee because I show up 5 minutes late every day. Oh the horror!

There are certain jobs where being timely is incredibly important, as MJF mentions above, but mine isn't one of those. Ho-Sang's isn't really one either in the grand scheme of things.

If you have flexible working hours along with all these other specific stipulations that you alone knew about than you're not really showing up late and are a terrific employee that deserves a raise.

What's ridiculous is to state you show up late every day and then to defend it by presenting additional facts that were originally unknown to your critics.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Wow, wow that's pretty unexpected. What's Weight's meetings policy?

Coughlin treatment, if you're not early, you're late.

It's a setup... they just want to see if he's going to be late or not.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

If you have flexible working hours along with all these other specific stipulations that you alone knew about than you're not really showing up late and are a terrific employee that deserves a raise.

What's ridiculous is to state you show up late every day and then to defend it by presenting additional facts that were originally unknown to your critics.

My point isn't about how great of an employee I am, it's that showing up late for work doesn't define a good or bad employee. I'm taking an employee who shows up a few minutes late but does a great job over an employee who shows up on time and does a terrible job. Ho-Sang just needs some more time to adjust and ensure he doesn't make it a habit more than it already is. Any progress is great and we're lucky we're talking about a guy being late and not being an addict or a bar room brawler.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
My point isn't about how great of an employee I am, it's that showing up late for work doesn't define a good or bad employee. I'm taking an employee who shows up a few minutes late but does a great job over an employee who shows up on time and does a terrible job. Ho-Sang just needs some more time to adjust and ensure he doesn't make it a habit more than it already is. Any progress is great and we're lucky we're talking about a guy being late and not being an addict or a bar room brawler.

Obviously there's a difference between an office job where you have the flexibility to come and go more or less as you please and a professional athlete that has to adhere to a strict schedule. The fact that you are not being disciplined for being "late" means that it is not an essential requirement of the job. Ho-Sang on the other hand, IS being disciplined for being late. Which means that the expectation is for him to be ON TIME.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Obviously there's a difference between an office job where you have the flexibility to come and go more or less as you please and a professional athlete that has to adhere to a strict schedule. The fact that you are not being disciplined for being "late" means that it is not an essential requirement of the job. Ho-Sang on the other hand, IS being disciplined for being late. Which means that the expectation is for him to be ON TIME.

I don't have a problem with the expectation or the discipline (if I was told I'd get paid as much as him, I'd be on time too haha), it was with people saying how horrible he is for having that problem. He's a kid, it happens, and some people have a really hard time breaking out of that habit. We also don't have a clue how bad it is. If it's the Coughlin treatment and he's showing up on time so he's considered late, that's much different than him no-showing or showing up hours late to games/practice. I'm encouraged by the fact that Ho-Sang did call Thompson to let him know he was going to be late and was still there for warm ups. He's also never complained about the discipline he's received and doesn't seem deterred by it, which is great.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Even if he doesn't get into a game, I hope this shows him that if he plays well, he'll get the call up.

The success of JHS would be a YUGE boon to this franchise. We are desperately in need of some RW talent. If he becomes what we hope he is, that would immeasurably improve the long term prospects of this team.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Coughlin treatment, if you're not early, you're late.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Coincidentally I'm on my way to work right now while everyone else is already there. I'm still the best clerk in the room, much much better than some others who have perfect attendance. I can be called on to run things for the interim but I'll probably never get promoted to manager (which I'm cool with, I can't put up with the garbage at my job). But every so often I get lectured about the difference between hard skills and soft skills, being a 'team player', how my coworkers think odd of me, how I could be 'getting more from this place' (LOL), blah blah blah. Edit: it doesn't matter how good of an employee I am. If I'm up to 29 munites late but arrive within flex time I'm good. If I miss flex time, I'm getting disciplined because that applies to everyone.

Ho-Sang is not less talented because he's late but we're left to wonder is he reaching his full potential, or is he holding himself back?

Last edited:

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Even if he doesn't get into a game, I hope this shows him that if he plays well, he'll get the call up.

The success of JHS would be a YUGE boon to this franchise. We are desperately in need of some RW talent. If he becomes what we hope he is, that would immeasurably improve the long term prospects of this team.

Ever since the late to game incident he has been a different kid, sunday he was great for tigers creating chances every time he was on ice. It's like it all clicked at once for him, this is solid reward for working hard in AHL. He can help the PP, right handed shot on other wall which they lack other than Strome but i dont think he is quite ready to play full time here but we'll see, hopefully he gives them reason to keep him up here but none the less this is good chance for him to get a taste of NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad