Injury Report: Josh Harding

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Not what I wanted to hear.

All the best for Harding, he is a real warrior and a brave man. I really hope he can prove the doubters wrong once again, just like he did in Dallas.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
From what Russo was saying, Harding got put on new meds and is just going through that phase, it takes a while to adjust to them so he's being watched for the time being. Hopefully he'll be back soon, but with MS you never know.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Russo's latest blog said that Harding was feeling better than a few weeks ago, but doctors are keeping him off for a few more days/weeks just to make sure that everything is okay.

So it sounds like he's closer to coming back than before, but it could still be a ways off.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I hope he can get things turned around, and not for the Wild's sake, but for his own. He has a life outside of hockey and as long as that life can be of high quality, everything else is secondary.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Still no timetable for a return though it sounds like. Poor guy. You've gotta wonder if he'll ever get back to that 1A/1B form he has shown in the past. Obviously health is the most important thing though.

Billy Mays Here*

It seems like we may be in a position to buy him out, especially if we re-sign Backs but how do you buy out the guy after what he's gone through? It would just seem so wrong.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
It seems like we may be in a position to buy him out, especially if we re-sign Backs but how do you buy out the guy after what he's gone through? It would just seem so wrong.
Hockey is a business. Gotta do what's best for the team, and Harding knows that.
Unless of course we don't resign Backs, which would be incredibly stupid. We'd be pretty much ****ed if that happened.

Billy Mays Here*

Hockey is a business. Gotta do what's best for the team, and Harding knows that.
Unless of course we don't resign Backs, which would be incredibly stupid. We'd be pretty much ****ed if that happened.

Yeah I'm leaning towards buying out/trading Harding, re-signing Backs for another year (assuming it's a reasonable salary, maybe between $3-4 million), and going into next year with a tandem of Backs and which ever of the big three prospects earns it.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
#mnwild Hockey Unplugged with G Josh Harding at High Five in Burnsville. Says looking at return to ice next week!
http://twitter.com/RadioFalness/status/312004091029106689
BFR2EVbCMAMoqkD.jpg:large

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
^ Wonderful news!

I grew up in Burnsville so I know where that is. lol

This is great news!

OpRedDawn*

Harding's a great dude, but I'd rather just see Kemps / Hacks when Backs isn't starting.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
From the Strib...
There was one more encouraging note. Goaltender Josh Harding was at Xcel Energy Center Friday, and he looked good. “I had a brief conversation with him,” Yeo said. “And he was feeling very good. His word, actually, was great. And even just looking at him, I think he looks great. So we’ll talk some more about what the plan is going forward.”

Harding has not played since Feb. 7 while trying to get a handle on treatment for multiple sclerosis.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Thrilled to see him back on the ice but given all the factors (time off, team in a playoff race), I don't think he'll be seeing NHL ice this season.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Backy is awesome, but i also want to see Harding back. We need to have a solid and experienced backup, especially for the playoffs. If he can play at his usual level we need him.

J22*

Thrilled to see him back on the ice but given all the factors (time off, team in a playoff race), I don't think he'll be seeing NHL ice this season.

Agreed, but I gotta believe he can get some sort of "rehab stint" in Houston?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad