Josh Georges

Status
Not open for further replies.

islandnucker

Jan 24, 2003
ladysmith
Visit site
Hello you prospect "experts"!;)

I'll give ya the low down, I create the prospects for an FHL league (mostly using hockeysfuture) and someone has chosen to sign Josh Georges. I can't seem to find didally on him on the internet. I was hoping that you guys could enlighten me on his strengths and weaknesses.

SJSharksFan

Apr 15, 2002
Visit site
islandnucker said:
And so it would be Josh Gorges, but his profile has squat up there for him anyways. The only thing I know of him is that he's a good skater.

I am not an expert on Josh Gorges, but there are tons of posts on him on the Sharks board...all you need to do is use the search button...

SJSharksFan

Apr 15, 2002
Visit site
Here is what I got from the Sharks forum...

Great Balance, Great Skater, good power play quarterback and solid all around. Not sure if that helps... :dunno:

Edited due to a spelling mistake!

islandnucker

Jan 24, 2003
ladysmith
Visit site
SJSharksFan said:
I am not an expert on Josh Gorges, but there are tons of posts on him on the Sharks board...all you need to do is use the search button...
Or I could have posted it on the prospect board (because he is a prospect) and hopefully have gotten rid of any homerism comments. I already did a search for him and all that came up was how his play has been of late, there wasn't too much on the strengths and weaknesses of him.

X-SHARKIE

Very smart player, he has excelent mobility, great balance, did I mention smart?
Really just a smart defensman with top notch skating ability. Just lacks size and phyiscal presence on the ice.

Doug Wilson said in the preseason that Gorges was there best defensman on multiple occasions.

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Very smart player, he has excelent mobility, great balance, did I mention smart?
Really just a smart defensman with top notch skating ability. Just lacks size and phyiscal presence on the ice.

Doug Wilson said in the preseason that Gorges was there best defensman on multiple occasions.

Can pretty much echo this. Great skater, good leader, but his weaknesses are in size and physical presence, he won't lay many out with a bone-jarring body check.

Avery4Byng*

You have all nailed his play on the head here. Not overly big, not overly physical but about as smart of a player out there as you will find. Logs a ton of icetime in Junior and definatly will be a steady NHL'er in the future. He QB's the powerplay and always makes a good first pass, and has a great shot from the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad