Prospect Info: Josh Brook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com

This kid looks good in the WHL. Don't know why he wasn't considered a 1st round talent. Very excited to see him develop. Could become a PPG dmen next year. Good puck handlind, good shoot from the point, good vision.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

This kid looks good in the WHL. Don't know why he wasn't considered a 1st round talent. Very excited to see him develop. Could become a PPG dmen next year. Good puck handlind, good shoot from the point, good vision.

the last highlight video with this song i heard, was one of my favorite prospect because he reminded me of one of my all time favorite player pavel bure, and he busted; Yakupov.

hope this isnt a sign.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
the last highlight video with this song i heard, was one of my favorite prospect because he reminded me of one of my all time favorite player pavel bure, and he busted; Yakupov.

hope this isnt a sign.

Well to be fair if Brook has similar success to Yakupov it will be an above average late 2nd round pick.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Really good first half, tailed off in the second half and a "meh" U18. Doesn't have a single trait that stands out, just a solid all-around defenceman.

I remember early in the season Grant was really pushing for him, even in the 1st. But he admitted that he slipped a bit but would be incredible value where the Habs pick in the 2nd.

He's young. He just turned 18 a few days ago. Moose Jaw have a couple of 20 year old defenders who might move on, so I think Josh will be counted on even more next season.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Love the name...love the love in this thread.
(could be a great baseball or quarterback football name...or also a great hockey name!).

Some here are saying ''Juulsen with more UPside''...loving it!
(hoping for something between Juulsen and a right-handed McDonagh... ; or another Macavoy...Bruins' rookie dman).

We still have to wait 2 1/2 yrs (or more) to really see where Brook is going. Hope he pans out.

<Lernout (2018 playoffs?)
<Juulsen (2018 or 2019 playoffs?)
<Mete ('18 or '19 playoffs?)
<Brook (2019 playoffs might be rushing it, so...2020 or 2021 playoffs?).
<Fleury (2020? 2021 playoffs?)

So much waiting, but patience/proper-full development is better than rushing a prospect and delaying their full/proper development.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's a real bummer, the post draft year is super important development wise and now he'll miss half of it . Hopefully he'll be at 100% when he gets back. Talent wise he might be our best defensive prospect outside of Mete, I really want to see him do well.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
What's the most optimistic projection for this guy?

He'd be a ''does a bit of everything'' second pairing/top 3 guy if he reaches every bit of his potential. He's got mobility, size, good all around awareness, a good shot,etc. He's got a bit of everything in his toolbox.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Bumped this thread as our boy is back and playing very well by all accounts. What's his upside? Possible 2nd pairing or could he even be a #2 one day? He has 8 points in 8 games and is a +11 already.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah, he's looking really good. It would be nice to get a bit of a steal here.

We'll see how the rest of the year goes. There's a lot of energy when coming off a long term injury. Still the kid looks great.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Brook was a great pick. And good news is that it still is. Can't wait to see his progression.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's a real bummer, the post draft year is super important development wise and now he'll miss half of it . Hopefully he'll be at 100% when he gets back. Talent wise he might be our best defensive prospect outside of Mete, I really want to see him do well.

Agreed about the injury part! I always look for how a player plays as a 18 year old after being drafted and we had to wait a bit for him to be healthy.

8 pts in 8 games is a good start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad