Value of: Josh Bailey

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Having watched all his highs and lows since being selected in 2008 with Garth Snows first ever draft choice my judgement is very cloudy on his value . I would like to know what other teams fans opinions are about him as a player . Maybe a comparison to one of your players ? Would you want him on your team ? Finally if yes, what would you offer in a trade ?
Coach Trotts sings his praises at every turn and calls him one of the smartest players he has ever coached . Fans don’t always feel that way . Especially a fair mix of Islanders fans ... Thanks All stay safe ....

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Having watched all his highs and lows since being selected in 2008 with Garth Snows first ever draft choice my judgement is very cloudy on his value . I would like to know what other teams fans opinions are about him as a player . Maybe a comparison to one of your players ? Would you want him on your team ? Finally if yes, what would you offer in a trade ?
Coach Trotts sings his praises at every turn and calls him one of the smartest players he has ever coached . Fans don’t always feel that way . Especially a fair mix of Islanders fans ... Thanks All stay safe ....
i like this player a lot but he is not moving, wish for him on the leafs...hmmmm

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
He’d look great on either Barzal, Pageau or Nelson’s wing. He’s not getting traded.
"This", though I disagree with him being a fit with Barzal as they're both playmakers. Both Pageau and Nelson are shoot-first players though Pageau can playmake. Better fit with either of those two, methinks.

I don't think his contract is bad. He is a 15g, 35a forward who can play either wing and is reliable defensively.

That being said, minus the offensive outburst the last two games that have brought his numbers up to what they normally are he's been atrocious most of this season. Hopefully the last couple of games are how he's going to play the rest of the season because the first 12 games or so, ick.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Josh Bailey seems to work best when paired with Anders Lee, and vice versa. Everyone points to Lee's 40 goal season as proof that Tavares elevates players.... but I honestly believe a lot of that had to do with Josh Bailey who was taken off that line because Eberle is stapled to Barzal.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He’s going to play 1,000 games in an islanders uniform. He led the team in playoff points last year. Trotz loves him. Don’t think he’s going anywhere.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I think he’s a fantastic middle 6 winger with too long of a contract for teams to make offers Isles fans would like.
I agree with this, it's a commitment for another club to make with hat length. I don't know if people are familiar enough with him.
He’s going to play 1,000 games in an islanders uniform. He led the team in playoff points last year. Trotz loves him. Don’t think he’s going anywhere.
I don't see it either. Timing is weird given his early struggles this year (meanwhile he produces with Barzy so I'm more inclined to blame Nelson) but after his playoffs last year it's kind of hard to want to jettison this man

Reactions: SI90

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
"This", though I disagree with him being a fit with Barzal as they're both playmakers. Both Pageau and Nelson are shoot-first players though Pageau can playmake. Better fit with either of those two, methinks.

I don't think his contract is bad. He is a 15g, 35a forward who can play either wing and is reliable defensively.

That being said, minus the offensive outburst the last two games that have brought his numbers up to what they normally are he's been atrocious most of this season. Hopefully the last couple of games are how he's going to play the rest of the season because the first 12 games or so, ick.
The point I was making is that they’re not trading him no matter what portion of the fan base wants to blame him and only him for everything this team does wrong. I know he looks best alongside Barzal but then again so does most of the top 9 this team has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad