Player Discussion Josh Archibald

Status
Not open for further replies.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Has anyone updated on Archie in the past while? I feel like he's been kinda forgotten about. I know he didn't get his vaccine then got Covid then was pretty sick? This seemed to happen a long time ago though.

I feel we are missing his piss and vinegar this year.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
myocarditis recovery time is something like 3-6 months I believe.

He's a player I wish we had in our bottom 6 ..... often!

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
It's a shame things went the way they did, would have been nice to have him in the lineup.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
No need to spit on the guy while hes down. He may not have the same opinions on covid vaccines as you but he's human and he has a serious condition (which can happen and with vaccines too), show some respect.
Hes an idiot . And last I heard, calling a player an idiot is not offside.
But yes, I do have compassion for idiots. Its just to bad they are not smarter & have (in this case) an adverse effect for a team one is a fan of.

Reactions: Kerberos

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
No need to spit on the guy while hes down. He may not have the same opinions on covid vaccines as you but he's human and he has a serious condition (which can happen and with vaccines too), show some respect.

Let those among us who haven't thrown away an extremely lucrative career playing sports because of our unwillingness to get a simple and safe vaccine cast the first stone.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Let's say Archibald was cleared to return tomorrow, he'd still miss a significant amount of games because of his vaccination status and international travel rules. He caught COVID in the summer so his 180-day travel exemption window would have closed recently or be about to close.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
No need to spit on the guy while hes down.
Absolutely, his heroism to choose out right ignorance isn't a difference of opinion, it's a difference in reality. All he has to do is take this even slightly seriously and he still gets paid over a $1M to play pro hockey, and still couldn't do that because he chose his heroic ignorance over everything else.

He f***ed around and he found out.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Let's say Archibald was cleared to return tomorrow, he'd still miss a significant amount of games because of his vaccination status and international travel rules. He caught COVID in the summer so his 180-day travel exemption window would have closed recently or be about to close.
If he ever plays again, it won't be this year, it would take WAY too long to get up to speed.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Absolutely, his heroism to choose out right ignorance isn't a difference of opinion, it's a difference in reality. All he has to do is take this even slightly seriously and he still gets paid over a $1M to play pro hockey, and still couldn't do that because he chose his heroic ignorance over everything else.

He f***ed around and he found out.
Are the people who got Myocarditis from the vaccine idiots too for being heroes and getting the vaccine? Which according to Ontario data there is a higher rate with Moderna than with covid infection.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Are the people who got Myocarditis from the vaccine idiots too for being heroes and getting the vaccine? Which according to Ontario data there is a higher rate with Moderna than with covid infection.
Moderna was banned in some countries for people under 40 due to the risk. I personally know two people in their early 30’s who got it right after getting the vaccine.

Reactions: oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
At the end of all this, even though he paid a very large price for his thoughts (misguided as they were), he would still have to agree to be fully vaccinated to be of much use to the team. Can't have a guy that has to sit out every American road trip on the team.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Can you provide a link for this please?

Reactions: Mez

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Has anyone updated on Archie in the past while? I feel like he's been kinda forgotten about. I know he didn't get his vaccine then got Covid then was pretty sick? This seemed to happen a long time ago though.

I feel we are missing his piss and vinegar this year.

I heard that he was skating (1260) but that was all; nothing new to report.

Query somewhat answered. Nothing new to report.

/thread

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: