Jori Lehterä

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Maybe Tarasenko and Lehtera will stay on the same line after all. Huh. I'm a bit skeptical.

Maybe there is an Oshie hockey trade down the road. Pretending that we could do:

Steen - Stastny - Yakupov
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Berglund - Backes - Jaskin (checking line)

With Rattie and Fabbri trying to make Berglund obsolete in that line-up (Jaskin can swap sides, right?)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Management is high as a kite on Lehterä....might be some behind the scene issues they are aware about and are very confident in him progressing next year.....guess we'll see

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Maybe Tarasenko and Lehtera will stay on the same line after all. Huh. I'm a bit skeptical.

Maybe there is an Oshie hockey trade down the road. Pretending that we could do:

Steen - Stastny - Yakupov
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Berglund - Backes - Jaskin (checking line)

With Rattie and Fabbri trying to make Berglund obsolete in that line-up (Jaskin can swap sides, right?)

I would be ok with those lines, as long as Hitch gives them the proper usages.

RR10*

Not sure what I think about this. Initially I didn't like it. But lets not forget Lehtera was a PPG player reaching 30 pts and after that it dropped dramatically. I guess they think he can do something close to it and maintain production over the whole season.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
He was completely invisible post December, hope he has less peaks and valleys this upcoming season.

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
Boys, this is an incentive to Tank. Those two are two peas in a pod and really, are both more productive with each other. This signing is a commitment to VT more than anything IMO

RR10*

Boys, this is an incentive to Tank. Those two are two peas in a pod and really, are both more productive with each other. This signing is a commitment to VT more than anything IMO
The Blues are not some social occupation for best friends. It should be all about the quality of the players. Or we can keep Berglund and Oshie forever, would be mean to separate them :(

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Not sure what I think about this. Initially I didn't like it. But lets not forget Lehtera was a PPG player reaching 30 pts and after that it dropped dramatically. I guess they think he can do something close to it and maintain production over the whole season.

He was playing injured before it got so bad he had to sit out games.

RR10*

He was playing injured before it got so bad he had to sit out games.
There's always this injury-excuse...same story with Stastny and I bet he's still injured right? He has to be. Jbo was also lame. Must be that injury 5 years ago..

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
There's always this injury-excuse...same story with Stastny and I bet he's still injured right? He has to be. Jbo was also lame. Must be that injury 5 years ago..

Or the well documented groin injury that caused him to miss significant time. Glad to see you're paying attention.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I could be more comfortable with 'extend price' if Lehterä's second half of season could have gone better. He hit brickwall and IMHO slow it down Schwartz and Tarasenko.

I would prefer they would extend Lehterä's contract on near 2016 Jan - Feb. We would been much wiser Lehterä's condition and is he right guy with Tarasenko.

If this 'timing' Lehterä's extend was only bound for getting Tarasenko deal done I really don't like this at all. Price might be a bit too high now, but God hope Army knows what we don't.

Looking back early season goals on STL line. Those goals weren't simply hockey goals, they were like something special and almost you could say they were 'toying/fooling' around opposite team defense and goaltender. That line have very unique chemistry and I believe Lehterä can show up more constancy in deep run coming season.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I really hope Lehtera makes a big jump into being a True number 2C next year, it would match his pay, and would make it easier to keep him with Tarasenko. But, I would rather have Steen on the Lehtera-Tarasenko line. It would help cover defensive responsibilities among with if needed Steen can take some faceoffs. Plus they have an awesome name blend "LehTaraSteenko"

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Congrats to Jori on the contract and getting just married!

(Using Hfboards with iPad is frustrating these days)

Last edited by a moderator:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So Jori Lehtera now makes more than David Backes.

They are either no longer looking for a top center or they are planning on trading Backes, neither of which makes me happy at all.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Congrats to Jori on the contract and getting just married!

(Using Hfboards with iPad is frustrating these days)

Use Desktop mode. Usually an option on most Tablets/Phones. Makes a HUGE difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
So Jori Lehtera now makes more than David Backes.

They are either no longer looking for a top center or they are planning on trading Backes, neither of which makes me happy at all.

Backes' extension was signed over 4 years ago. I don't think comparing them is really all tha fair given the massive rise in salaries we've seen.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
The best thing about this is it keeps Tarasenko a Blue to play with his buddy.

Next best thing about this....Is that HOPEFULLY Lehtera has trained the way Tarasenko did the last couple years and comes back next year a completely new player like Tarasenko did speed/strength wise.

High risk high reward signing with Jori(longterm) but if he trains and becomes faster and stronger, u can tell he has the skill and vision to be a legit top6 center.

anlongo13

Aug 6, 2014
Ottumwa, IA
At first glance, it seems a little high. Lehtera started out great, but really fell off later in the year. Obviously, the longer season and injuries played a role in that. Holding off judgement until after he gets his second season in. Tarasenko has only improved every year, no reason Jori can't with experience.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Backes' extension was signed over 4 years ago. I don't think comparing them is really all tha fair given the massive rise in salaries we've seen.

Exactly. And Tarasenko is gonna get a a contract that's bigger than Pietrangelo's by probably a million or so per year. You can't just look at the AAV without the context of the salary cap, especially one that seems to rise every off-season. It's best to look at the AAV as a percentage of the cap.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Plus they have an awesome name blend "LehTaraSteenko"

When you say it aloud, it sounds like Lehtera Stink-o which is definitely apt over the 2nd half of the season. I am all for it. As we have no shot at winning a cup, at least the fans can chant Lehtera Stink-o over and over to remind Armstrong how much he overpaid for a guy who can't play more than 30 games without getting worn out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad