Jori Lehterä

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Is Lehtera the slowest player in the NHL? I think he could be. I've seen hm basically sprinting and he's still moving at the same pace as a player who is just gliding right next to him.

He might have the shortest endurance in the NHL, but he's far from the slowest skater. Middle of the pack or below average? Sure.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He might have the shortest endurance in the NHL, but he's far from the slowest skater. Middle of the pack or below average? Sure.
Gonna disagree with that if you think there's far slower skaters than him and it's not close.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Gonna disagree with that if you think there's far slower skaters than him and it's not close.

I've seen Lehtera turn on the Jets on backchecks sometimes and he's no where near the slowest skater...I honestly don't know what to make of him.

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
I've seen Lehtera turn on the Jets on backchecks sometimes and he's no where near the slowest skater...I honestly don't know what to make of him.

I still think the injury and surgery during the offseason really hurt his already lackluster conditioning.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I would really like to see Jori go through a similar workout regiment similar to what Shattenkirk did in 2014. The results spoke for themselves.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou

robert-deniro-laughing.gif

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
He is overpaid but a team that misses out on some players in UFA and lacks center depth make have interest. If we can get an upgrade on Lehtera via Shattenkirk trade and even include Lehtera in the deal I'd like that.
He's more of a 3C but he's not a terrible player.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I thought he had a trusted guy who did the sharpening, and wouldn't allow anyone else. Panger could answer this.

Yeah, he has special blades that have his name carved in them and he has a guy in Finland sharpen them. He'll ship the guy 20-40 blades to sharpen at a time and then the guy will ship them back. Bert Godin (Blues equip manager) has never sharpened his skates. I wonder if that offends Bert at all...but he's probably used to quirky pro athletes! Still, it's a pretty insane way of doing it - shipping 20-40 blades back and forth overseas to get sharpened when a top notch equip manager works with you everyday.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Yeah, he has special blades that have his name carved in them and he has a guy in Finland sharpen them. He'll ship the guy 20-40 blades to sharpen at a time and then the guy will ship them back. Bert Godin (Blues equip manager) has never sharpened his skates. I wonder if that offends Bert at all...but he's probably used to quirky pro athletes! Still, it's a pretty insane way of doing it - shipping 20-40 blades back and forth overseas to get sharpened when a top notch equip manager works with you everyday.

I thought that was the case last season, but this year he had begun letting the Blues trainers start sharpening his skates. At least that's what I heard on a TV broadcast once, not sure who said it though.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
He is overpaid but a team that misses out on some players in UFA and lacks center depth make have interest. If we can get an upgrade on Lehtera via Shattenkirk trade and even include Lehtera in the deal I'd like that.

He's not going to make the All-Star team, but he has been a solid player for the Blues. He's good on faceoffs, plays a physical game, good on the forecheck, and is good at finding Tarasenko with a pass.

Think back to the guys we had playing center in the recent past, like Derek Roy (who was paid $4,000,000 as I recall) Steve Ott, Patrik Berglund, Vladimir Sobotka ( I loved Vladi's play, but I have to admit it) Lehtera is a better player.

We can always hope to improve our team, and there are better players out there than Lehtera, but he has made the Blues a better team.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
My problem with Jori is that he plays almost exclusively with Tarasenko, and his production is still pretty piss poor over the last 1.5 seasons.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yet again that Lehterä extension was bit odd move by Army knowing how weakish end of regular and post-season he performed, eh?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Lehterä revealed why he pull his jersey on FO and if his linemates score. Jori was 14-years old and playing hockey and referees always point out that his jersey was under his pants, it need to be out, they even give him penalty for that reason. So it became an involuntary forced movement to Jori.

Btw he told he has hide that same answer for his own teammates, they have been eager to know why he pull his jersey.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008

Sounds like the Blues when we brought Lehtera over...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad