Kings News: Jordan Nolan contract done. 2 years @ $700k/yr

Ron*

I can't see it being more than 1.2 per.

He might fetch more than that. All indications are he is close to breaking out (finally). He had a very good year last year, his best, even as the season was shortened. His skating has improved tremendously.

We have to sign this guy. Hopefully, before arbitration...which I think is July 23 deadline, please correct me if I am wrong.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If Clifford and Lewis are both re-signed and none of the forwards or defensemen are moved in a trade, there is going to be some pretty fierce competition in training camp.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Jones, and Bodnarchuk are still RFAs without new contracts. Doesn't effect the Kings cap much since I doubt either wants a lot of money and neither will likely be on the Kings and effect the cap.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Jones, and Bodnarchuk are still RFAs without new contracts. Doesn't effect the Kings cap much since I doubt either wants a lot of money and neither will likely be on the Kings and effect the cap.

Rob Blake better get to work...

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Nice, I was thinking he might get 750 or 800 but 700 is a good deal for the Kings. Hoping for a bounce back season.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I like these 2 year deals. It gives us some flexability(via trade) and salary structure for next year when hopefully the cap goes up.

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
So the Kings have about $3 million for Clifford, Lewis, and injury call-ups.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
good deal for both the Kings and Nolan,

now Nolan needs to find his form from the Stanley Cup run,

KingKopitar11*

What's with the Yay? Basically means Clifford is gone for 100%

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Nolan had a terrible year. Not sure what he proved to get him more than league minimum other than being big.
hopefully he bounces back to how he looked in 2012 after his call up.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
What's with the Yay? Basically means Clifford is gone for 100%

It would be hard to keep him, our cap space is going to fall around $1.5 million now with Clifford and Lewis remaining to be signed. If we sign them both, we have to move someone. It is clear that we are moving someone anyway, but Clifford is in a bad spot. We just traded for a left wing who specializes on the fourth line and is a better pest/fighter, that was sort of Clifford's last bastion on the team. I have a feeling the organization now sees Andreoff as a Clifford replacement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad