Prospect Info: Jordan Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Contine from: Prospect Info: - [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

monsters_university.jpg

Title references Biggie Small's "Going Back to Cali" song.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Sucks was one of my fav prospects to follow, he had a good shot here with our weak LHD but whatever

I'm sure he's a good kid but not going to get my hopes up that he signs with us anymore, so for that reason I'm going to write him off in my mind as a worthless asset that I hope we're able to return some value for

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Hate this. If the team wants to sign the prospect, they should be able to. I hate the the players have an « out » like this.

I don’t blame Harris. If you’re a A-/B level prospect, your opportunity to play in the show is partly dependent on the opportunity you’re given.

Now, he can sign with a weak/shallow defence team (can definitely still be the Habs) who will guarantee him an NHL roster spot. This might have more value down the line then the 1yr burned on the ELC

Edit : apparently it would be a 2yr ELC next summer. In that case, I’m not ruling out that official story that the kid didn’t think he would crack the roster next year, so opted for degree over money.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinodebino

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Hate this. If the team wants to sign the prospect, they should be able to. I hate the the players have an « out » like this.

I don’t blame Harris. If you’re a A-/B level prospect, your opportunity to play in the show is partly dependent on the opportunity you’re given.

Now, he can sign with a weak/shallow defence team (can definitely still be the Habs) who will guarantee him an NHL roster spot. This might have more value down the line then the 1yr burned on the ELC
That what makes real capitalism (pure supply & demand economics) the best system mankind has seen thus far.

What would you want if Harris was your kid?

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
People wanting to trade him just because he's going back to school are confusing to me. He's told the organization that he still wishes to sign with them once he's done school. If they feel like that's true, then no reason to trade the guy. If they're concerned that he actually doesn't want to be part of the the Habs, then sure, you move him, but my understanding is that that is not the case at all.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
GMs are only going to go after him if they have information through back channels that he will sign now.
Or similar to Andy Fox if they can flip him for an asset to his desired location. See Canes acquiring Fox as part of Hamilton deal to flip him to NYR for an asset

Reactions: dinodebino

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Or similar to Andy Fox is they can flip him for an asset to his desired location. See Canes acquiring Fox as part of Hamilton deal to flip him to NY for an asset
Yeah, Nashville can acquire him and flip him to the Booins, where he'll experience the Caufield one-timers from up close!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
as I said, if I was his advisor I would tell him not to sign, but going back doesn't mean he won't sign just hard to see how much better a situation it would have been for him with Chiarot injured. That said there's no harm in getting your degree, he does need to add mass and strength.

As for people saying trade him to the preds, there's little hope of that imo, unless he agrees to sign with them right away as they could be losing the BEST D prospect in the NCAA in David Farrance, I don't think they want to take another gamble without him agreeing to sign now. He would be a very nice replacement if they were to lose Farrance, which the rumors are they will cause he wants to sign with NYR but we'll likely find out more in the next week or two depending on how far BU goes.

But this also sucks for Struble, unless they put Harris back at RD next year, Strubble will be 2nd fiddle to Harris who will be the captain and likely top 1o finalist for the Hobey Baker.

Reactions: Miller Time

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
People wanting to trade him just because he's going back to school are confusing to me. He's told the organization that he still wishes to sign with them once he's done school. If they feel like that's true, then no reason to trade the guy. If they're concerned that he actually doesn't want to be part of the the Habs, then sure, you move him, but my understanding is that that is not the case at all.
Problem, the moment is gonna be close to be UFA (next summer). His value gonna decrease a lot cause why giving an asset if that guy is going to be ufa? A team right now could acquire him and talking about his future. But more you will wait, more his value is gonna be worse

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
as I said, if I was his advisor I would tell him not to sign, but going back doesn't mean he won't sign just hard to see how much better a situation it would have been for him with Chiarot injured. That said there's no harm in getting your degree, he does need to add mass and strength.

As for people saying trade him to the preds, there's little hope of that imo, unless he agrees to sign with them right away as they could be losing the BEST D prospect in the NCAA in David Farrance, I don't think they want to take another gamble without him agreeing to sign now. He would be a very nice replacement if they were to lose Farrance, which the rumors are they will cause he wants to sign with NYR but we'll likely find out more in the next week or two depending on how far BU goes.

But this also sucks for Struble, unless they put Harris back at RD next year, Strubble will be 2nd fiddle to Harris who will be the captain and likely top 1o finalist for the Hobey Baker.
It’s good to be NYR

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Problem, the moment is gonna be close to be UFA (next summer). His value gonna decrease a lot cause why giving an asset if that guy is going to be ufa? A team right now could acquire him and talking about his future. But more you will wait, more his value is gonna be worse
Sure, but that's why the team is in constant communication with these prospects. If they feel like he won't sign, then they'll do what needs to be done.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

Edit : apparently it would be a 2yr ELC next summer. In that case, I’m not ruling out that official story that the kid didn’t think he would crack the roster next year, so opted for degree over money.
It seem to be a philosophy in US. Scholarship free instead of paying 40 000 a year, and you play hockey. His family should put a lot of pressure to finish his dregree and for his futur. In canada, it seem to be hockey first, school after. Opposite in US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad