Jonesey's Open Letter To Katz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
wow! that's awesome. way to go Jones! speaks correctly for a lot of people on that one.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
This town isn’t going to line up like trained pigs to buy season tickets for next year and beyond if they don’t have confidence.

yeah, whatever. Terry Jones is a moron.
this dude has had an upside down boner over Katz ever since he wouldnt give him any face time so he always brings up some crap in the papers writing to Katz's cold shoulder. this reeks of the Jim Lahey character on Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day who just needs Julian's attention because hes just so ******* sexy (haha).

ok so for the sake of playing devil's advocate - so people dont line up to get season tickets because theyre impatient babies who cant see that this team was a PAPER TIGER since Pronger left (and even then it was too. they just happened to go on a sick roll and Pronger/Roloson stabilized some of the terrible players with confidence and masking their crapiness). so the hockey economy drops, Katz sells the Oilers out of town and makes bank on it... then what? then Edmonton cries about not even having a team to even ***** and Moan about. give yourself a round of applause.

whatever, these people need to grow up and understand the team was an illusion and its time to rebuild. Daryl Katz doesnt have to tell anyone that. its dead obvious.

But the way it sits now, Daryl, your hockey people can’t make room for them because of all the big contracts this team can’t unload.

thats a lie. theres so many RFA's they dont have to re-up to make room for the rookies. and who says they all even make the team out of camp. plus he didnt even factor the trade deadline to eliminate some contracts.

ps - there is no human nature, Terry. you only speak of a 'nature' thats guided by capital.

NotBad*

Stupid Letter. Jones just a baby cause Katz doesnt want to talk to him

M00se

Mar 8, 2003
Right Here
Katz doesn't need to tell me anything to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I know what this team is and where they are going and Katz standing up isn't going to change that. This screams of Jones trying to sway more people over to his side
on his crusade against Katz

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
ps - there is no human nature, Terry. you only speak of a 'nature' thats guided by capital.

I think it is human nature not to pay for entertainment when one is not provided. The organization itself cannot survive on the backs of knowledgeable, hard-core fans like LMHF (who will probably pay for season tickets for as long as he lives), but also has to think about the family of four that ponders whether the money spent to watch an embarrassing loss, again, might be better spent elsewhere.

After all, that has happened before. Extended period of suckage influence attendance. But I belive Katz has the patience and the resources to see through a proper rebuild.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Sounds like I wrote it.

Probably why I rolled my eyes. I'd rather hear the right things from Tambellini in regards to a rebuild than empty words about being better next year, which is all a smart businessman WOULD say about this mess.

Then again, I'm not a Season Ticket Holder.

Funny, the teams it took 5+ years of high drafting to become "contenders" took that long because they didn't do it right.

Just ask Colorado, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Boston about that.

dashingsilverfox*

Probably why I rolled my eyes. I'd rather hear the right things from Tambellini in regards to a rebuild than empty words about being better next year, which is all a smart businessman WOULD say about this mess.

Then again, I'm not a Season Ticket Holder.

Funny, the teams it took 5+ years of high drafting to become "contenders" took that long because they didn't do it right.

Just ask Colorado, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Boston about that.

The Colorado situation was addressed directly in the article.

Philadelphia and Boston already had some solid pieces in the organization and TB is still a gong show.

Not sure what your point is there.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

Philadelphia and Boston already had some solid pieces in the organization and TB is still a gong show.

That Edmonton already has solid pieces in the organization? That Tampa is only 3 points out of a playoff spot after being really bad last year and will likely only get better without having to make a single move?

LA and Chicago drafted in the 3-10 range until they sucked bad enough to draft 1/2. They almost instantly rebounded.

Tychowski's data just seems flawed. 7+ years if they do it right? What team "did it right" over the course of 7 years?

Teddy Peckman

Aug 17, 2006
Sherwood Park, AB

I think the point being that Philadelphia was a last placed team and turned it around in a year or two. Boston was the same thing, they where a non-playoff team and then turned into one of the top teams in the league.

dashingsilverfox*

That Edmonton already has solid pieces in the organization? That Tampa is only 3 points out of a playoff spot after being really bad last year and will likely only get better without having to make a single move?

LA and Chicago drafted in the 3-10 range until they sucked bad enough to draft 1/2. They almost instantly rebounded.

Tychowski's data just seems flawed. 7+ years if they do it right? What team "did it right" over the course of 7 years?

The question is, does Edmonton have solid pieces in the organization.

Do they have a Lecavalier, a St.Louis or a Stamkos?

Do they have a Statsny, a Wolski, a Duchene, a Stewart and an O'Reilly.

Do they have a Kopitar, a Douhty, a Brown, a Simmonds, a Quick?

I don't really need to lay out the arrows Chicago has in the quiver, do I?

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
I agree that we don't need to hear from Katz in this situation... I will feel comfortable with things when I see that there is a plan in motion. If we can unload 1 or 2 bad contracts at either of the deadlines this year I will be happy (as long as it's for picks and prospects, or a young roster player). They can't come out to the media and say "we're tanking..." but I'd like to see the right moves made to tell us that they are comfortable doing it.

I think an open letter to Katz saying "You don't need to hunt down a big name, big price UFA. We are ready to do a proper rebuild" would be more appropriate.

Teddy Peckman

Aug 17, 2006
Sherwood Park, AB
The question is, does Edmonton have solid pieces in the organization.

Do they have a Lecavalier, a St.Louis or a Stamkos?

Do they have a Statsny, a Wolski, a Duchene, a Stewart and an O'Reilly.

Do they have a Kopitar, a Douhty, a Brown, a Simmonds, a Quick?

I don't really need to lay out the arrows Chicago has in the quiver, do I?

Stop talking about what they don't have. Of course they don't have a lot of things, they are a last place team. There are some things they do have though, whether you admit that is another thing altogether, but once again, you take this as someone telling you that we've got superstar talent here.

dashingsilverfox*

Stop talking about what they don't have. Or course they don't have a lot of things, they are a last place team. There are some things they do have though, whether you admit that is another thing altogether, but once again, you take this as someone telling you that we've got superstar talent here.

If they don't have the pieces in place that the teams SK13 pointed out, how on earth do you think they will get similar results?

That was my point and the point of both articles.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
As far as the 7 year rebuild goes, I don't think it will take that long if you take into account the last 2 drafts (eberle, MPS). I give it 4... 3 if we keep them out of the NHL for another year and only bring over Omark next year.

Teddy Peckman

Aug 17, 2006
Sherwood Park, AB
If they don't have the pieces in place that the teams SK13 pointed out, how on earth do you think they will get similar results?

That was my point and the point of both articles.

So if they don't have the pieces now, they will never have them, or be able to acquire them in the next few years? Taylor Hall wouldn't help the cause?

dashingsilverfox*

Good Lord. You mean you annoy us for free? I.. honestly, I couldn't have called that. You're a good man, you know that right?

Hey, what happened to your vcash?

Betting on long shots isn't wise.:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad