Value of: Jonathan Drouin

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Okay, but that wasn't clear -- your post contained all pronouns, and this is a thread about Drouin.
Context clues such as:
the fact I mentioned he had made 12 mill.
the fact that it was a reply to a post talking about Sean Walker.

Reactions: lionsDen

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Probably not going to get good offers from other teams as they will assume that his "ascension" is a product of MacKinnon. The best money will probably come from the AV's
That's definitely one of the considerations, but I'd say that the reduction of the pressure he faced in Mtl is a good counterpoint to a GM's considerations.

Any chance he takes another one year contract? He's had 50-ish point seasons before, but as someone stated, he is a ppg player since the new year. It may be in his interest to see if he can have a 70+ point season next year.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
That's definitely one of the considerations, but I'd say that the reduction of the pressure he faced in Mtl is a good counterpoint to a GM's considerations.

Any chance he takes another one year contract? He's had 50-ish point seasons before, but as someone stated, he is a ppg player since the new year. It may be in his interest to see if he can have a 70+ point season next year.
Honestly, he felt pressure, but the media was very gentle with him his last 2 seasons. I think it's a new era. For sure he had pressure (it's the nature of the best, you're in the nhl after all), but he wasn't the focal point of the media like we've seen with other underperformers in the past. Nothing to compare with Scott Gomez, who was ridiculed day in day out.

I think he'll be willing to take somewhat of a pay cut to stay with the Avs. I'd expect 4M per for 3-4 years. That'd be good for both parties imo. I think, for him, money isn't everything (he's already rich).

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Context clues such as:
the fact I mentioned he had made 12 mill.
the fact that it was a reply to a post talking about Sean Walker.
The post you quoted did not mention Walker by name -- once, again, it only contained pronouns. The $12M reference, in a thread about Drouin, was therefore assumed to be an error regarding Drouin's salary -- not just by me, but by several other posters, judging from other responses.

An honest mistake by all.

97061939-e78d-4df4-854a-042cb1bd819f_text.gif

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Let's be clear many of the stupid and ignorant takes in here about Montreal and Habs fans have less to do with Drouin, and more to fit into an obnoxious opinion about the franchise they hate.
I'm very happy to see Drouin turn it around and hope he finds professional stability in colorado. He's had a great year. He's a good guy.

All of this stuff about blaming Montreal has been beaten to death. He wanted
to be traded here. Bergevin desperate for a C was happy to oblige.
Him being miscast is on Bergevin and his incompetencies.
The pressure is part of hockey; it exists in other markets too.
Guess what? booing does too. I know it's shocking to some of you.
Also Drouin's rep preceded him, the entitled part which grew out of TB and his relationship with Yzerman.
Guess who his agent is? Montrealer, Allan Walsh

He had a lot on injuries in Montreal, especially chronic wrist issues.
Once he missed the covid run, and it was explained to fans that he had chronic insomnia and anxiety issues his whole career, the habs fans who like
to take things a little too passionately (like many team's fans here) backed off.
He was fine, he played out his contract and was done.
He still lives here, has a successful, charity golf tourney here and was roundly applauded on his return.
that's it.
May he continue to find success in colorado
Sorry it didn't work out for him in ontreal.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This Drouin guy is an incredible player. His passing skillset is top 10 in the NHL. Two dimes last night to Mack to set up his first two breakaway goals. Such vision and such skill to put the puck into open ice and let the game's most explosive skater burst onto the puck at full speed.

How many great players do the Habs squander? They played Lex on their 4th line at times, even healthy scratched him a couple of times in the season he was traded to the Avs. Drouin looks every bit like a 1st line forward on the Avs.

Who else on the Habs is an incredible player that they undervalue and we can steal from them for pennies or nothing on the dollar?

Last edited:

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
I don't disagree, but in the unlikely event that Landy isn't LTIRetired, once they resign Mittelstadt and probably Walker, cap space gets really tight and Lehk may be an unaffordable luxury if he's on the 3rd line, especially if Kovalenko is what we hope he might be.

I also prefer Drouin on the top line with Mack, even if Lehk is the more complete player.
Both are good with Mack

Reactions: lionsDen

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
This Drouin guy is an incredible player. His passing skillset is top 10 in the NHL. Two dimes last night to Mack to set up his first two breakaway goals. Such vision and such skill to put the puck into open ice and let the game's most explosive skater burst onto the puck at full speed.

How many great players do the Habs squander? They played Lex on their 4th line at times, even healthy scratched him a couple of times in the season he was traded to the Avs. Drouin looks every bit like a 1st line forward on the Avs.

Who else on the Habs is incredible player that they undervalue and we can steal from them for pennies or nothing on the dollar?
Wait til the playoffs before spouting off on Drouin. I expect he will turn into a soft timid passenger (like Girard). If he continues to produce and man's up in the playoffs, i will change my opinion. Then the narrative would flip to whether the Avs can re-sign him witout overpaying and risking the issues of past cropping back up.

But thanks for Newhook. He has turned out far better than i imagined. 50pt pace playing C on a line with scrubs. Fast, creative and a wicked shot. He will be in the 60pt range with Dach back on his line.

Anymore young potential star players you would like to trade to the Habs?

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Wait til the playoffs before spouting off on Drouin. I expect he will turn into a soft timid passenger (like Girard). If he continues to produce and man's up in the playoffs, i will change my opinion. Then the narrative would flip to whether the Avs can re-sign him witout overpaying and risking the issues of past cropping back up.

But thanks for Newhook. He has turned out far better than i imagined. 50pt pace playing C on a line with scrubs. Fast, creative and a wicked shot. He will be in the 60pt range with Dach back on his line.

If you want to talk about soft and timid passengers in the playoffs then Newhook epitomizes that but we don’t have to worry about Montreal going to the playoffs anytime soon, now do we?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If you want to talk about soft and timid passengers in the playoffs then Newhook epitomizes that but we don’t have to worry about Montreal going to the playoffs anytime soon, now do we?
I will be happy to watch Newhook epitomize Girard / Drouin's pansy-ass softness in the playoffs. But as you indicated, it will be a few years.

Happy what i see from Newhook to date.

I am actually happy Drouin has found a home and his game in Colorado. Hope he signs there longterm!

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018

All ribbing aside, Av's and Habs have been great trade partners.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Avs would be foolish to overpay him, and Drouin would be foolish to leave. Mackinnon is making him look far better than he is, just like Zaprizov has been making Zuccarello look far better than he is.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014

Definietely open to trading with you guys, Good things tend to happen for Colorado after these trades.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I will be happy to watch Newhook epitomize Girard / Drouin's pansy-ass softness in the playoffs. But as you indicated, it will be a few years.

Happy what i see from Newhook to date.

I am actually happy Drouin has found a home and his game in Colorado. Hope he signs there longterm!
Im happy to get a better version of newhook for 800k and also get a first and early 2nd.

Reactions: Mac Attack

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Weird that an avs fans would try and troll a rebuilding team as if they don’t know what it is like.

Reactions: Crossfire Hurricane

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Wouldn't surprise me to see a 5x3.25. Tiny bit more money than 4x4, which he may get on the market by someone who's noticed the transformation of his play outside of "points 'cause MacKinnon".
Also a bit cheaper than Lehkonen, which would have to go. Plus someone else.
This summer is going to be so interesting cap-wise for the Avs, unless you're a psycho Finnish hf-poster, of course. Then it's easy-peasy:laugh:
Barron for Lehkonen? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4