Value of: Jonathan Drouin

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
And now he is immoveable. What a difference 10 years makes!

Habs should have accepted either Zadorov or Jost. :laugh:

Keannu - Woo.gif

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Virtanen is worth much more, maybe a 2nd.

He earns less than half the salary of Drouin and resigning would involve a modest raise and would still be lower.
I doubt Virtanen nets a second. Lucky to get a 3rd on him. Probably a 4th.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
AVs might toss a 5th round pick, slightly higher if retention is involved.

Comparables:
  • Schmidt - 3rd (2022);
  • Toews - 2nd (2021 + 2022);
  • Johnson T - Waived (no interest);
  • Murray R - 5th (2021);
  • Murray M - 2nd (2020) + pick;
Few if any teams with limited cap space would take his $5.5M contact.

p.s. Value is so low, not offering Jost. :nod:
There is no chance I’d trade Jost for Drouin. Jost will make like 900k on a one year deal vs a massively overpaid Drouin with 3 more years at $5.5mm AAV.

Habs fans that know even a modest amount about player value know Drouin has none right now around the league and MBs only option is to play him in 20-21 and hope he proves a consistent viable top 9 forward.

his current trade value is zero. So don’t trade him.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Agreed...so gauging what value he has shouldn't be that controversial...
I think it’s a very difficult trade. Drouin, because of his contract, would be worth a guy with a similar contract, who is kind of the same player. It would be one of those sideways trades.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I used Lias Andersson as the comparable and was traded for a 2nd
But Lias makes less and is younger. That untapped upside on Virtanen is very hard believe in at this point.

also. Lias was traded for a low 2nd. Don’t see anyone offering an unknown 2nd. So move that to a 3rd on Jake. Drouin has less value, a lot less given his term and AAV.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I know MTL needs to move some cap at some point, but I'd like to see them hang onto Drouin and see if he can replicate the way he started last season. If he does that, then the habs can roll with a dynamic offensive player in their lineup or they can explore a trade with increased trade value. It's almost always worth waiting for when a guy has his kind of talent, as frustrating as it can get

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Keep it realistic please...

Habs looking for a solid two-way LWer or LD...or a good pick

Remember, keep it respectable and realistic

The habs are definitely not looking for a LD or a good pick...

And Drouin is not being traded right now after being one of the habs top forwards during the playoffs.

Reactions: Habano

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

And Drouin is not being traded right now after being one of the habs top forwards during the playoffs.
Change Drouins name to Danault and Habs might get a good pick or LHD (that can skate the puck).

keep his name as Drouin and no pick or anything close to a top 4 defender.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Maybe if the Habs include a LHD prospect - Romanov there could be some interest?
No the Habs are set. The puck can't drop soon enough. Habs looking pretty deep top to bottom this season. Drouin has low value fine I rather stick with him another year and see how he does next to Suzuki.

Also to fellow Hab fans can we not make anymore threads? are team is done being built and MB has basically said the same.

Reactions: Habano and malcb33

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

Habs NEED a #1 LD. They aren't getting it for Drouin though.

1. Habs desperately need a puck-moving LD to eventually play with Weber...anyone who watches sees that
2. Drouin was not ne of our best in the playoffs...he floated or tried his 1 vs 3 junior moves far more often than he actually made plays that helped, which is his MO, more's the pity
3. Taking on an equally overpaid player who could help more with our team's makeup or opening up cap space is a viable option

Reactions: Luckylarry

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
At this stage, with his contract, if no one was willing to pick up someone like Tyler Johnson (who is still vastly better than Drouin) for free, his value is negative.
Another ridiculous post. Drouin is much better than Johnson. 7 pts in 10 playoff games compared to Johnson 7 pts in 25 games. Johnson is fading at 30 while Drouin is only 25. Both are overpaid and both are probably immoveable. Drouin will play with a good centre this year so if he doesn't improve his totals he will never be better than a 50 pt middle line forward.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
No the Habs are set. The puck can't drop soon enough. Habs looking pretty deep top to bottom this season. Drouin has low value fine I rather stick with him another year and see how he does next to Suzuki.

Also to fellow Hab fans can we not make anymore threads? are team is done being built and MB has basically said the same.
Who cares? This is a trade forum. It is irrelevant what MB is going to do? We can still look for a trade that would imrove the tea.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
1. Habs desperately need a puck-moving LD to eventually play with Weber...anyone who watches sees that

I completely agree and to me, it was a huge miss this off-season. However, it's pretty clear Berg does not agree, and showed that by targeting and acquiring Edmundson. He's building his D-core around size and ability to clear the crease.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
2. Drouin was not ne of our best in the playoffs...he floated or tried his 1 vs 3 junior moves far more often than he actually made plays that helped, which is his MO, more's the pity
3. Taking on an equally overpaid player who could help more with our team's makeup or opening up cap space is a viable option

The habs already signed Edmundson, and have Romanov. There is no space to add another defenseman.
If they wanted a puck-moving defenseman that badly they would've traded for Murray, Schmidt, or Toews.

Drouin was tied for the team's lead in scoring...

Reactions: Habano

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
False, imo, and just the eye test, not to mention their career stats, show this...even we Habs fans can't bury our head in the sand when it comes to Drouin's "issues"...
I know he has issues but Johnson is not as good. He is small and even if Drouin isn't giving 100% he is still able to produce more. And their career stats are similar. Johnson has never been a great point producer and even though he isn't on the 1st line he has generally had better linemates. Drouin better try to improve his game because Julien is to useless to be of any help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad