Jon Jones arrested again

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Love how people still consider him the GOAT. Only thing he's great at is absolutely embarassing himself and the sport.

Just a few days ago he said he was going to try and create controversy in more legal ways....

Diaz gets banned for years for smoking pot but Jones is free to run around like a clown, failing tests, getting arrested, etc but UFC still tries to book him.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jon Jones Allegedly Pulled Fiancee's Hair, Headbutted Cop Car During Arrest

It’s a really bad arrest report, IMO he needs to be released. Seems like he didn’t just pull her hair, that’s all she was willing to say. Poor woman is clearly traumatized and I doubt this is the first time

she had a bloody lip/mouth and blood on her clothes/the bed and her youngest child asking a hotel security to call the cops when the mother of Jon’s children went down to get an extra room key crying and saying she was scared to go back in the room

what a piece of shit

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Nothing will happen to him either because she is definitely not going to comply with the investigation. The most they will get him on is for damaging the police vehicle.

I would say release him too but let's be honest, some other promotion will snap him up and throw tons of money at him to be their biggest star. It's more of a punishment for Dana to just keep him sidelined forever, if possible.

What's really ironic about this is when his new agent Richard Schaeffer talked to Helwani a few days before this happened he said he called Dana when he had first been hired by Jon Jones to tell him and Dana laughed and said "good luck."

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Nothing will happen to him either because she is definitely not going to comply with the investigation. The most they will get him on is for damaging the police vehicle.

I would say release him too but let's be honest, some other promotion will snap him up and throw tons of money at him to be their biggest star. It's more of a punishment for Dana to just keep him sidelined forever, if possible.

What's really ironic about this is when his new agent Richard Schaeffer talked to Helwani a few days before this happened he said he called Dana when he had first been hired by Jon Jones to tell him and Dana laughed and said "good luck."

reminds me of this

“I look at that young lady on his PR team and I see in her eyes that she’s fighting a losing battle”

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Lol Jones claiming he’s quitting alcohol forever, I’d be shocked if he could even complete sober October.

Attachments

• 59A90A0B-0AFA-463F-8C39-B45D461516A2.png
    59A90A0B-0AFA-463F-8C39-B45D461516A2.png
    690.4 KB · Views: 10

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
With you got a friend in me playing in the background…

when is this guy going to be held accountable for his actions?

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s a narcissistic sociopath. Textbook example.

“how dare you arrest me on the biggest night of my life?” he says after beating the shit out of his children’s mother in front of them. He then proceeds to make that IG post where he makes it entirely about himself while also absolving himself of any responsibility. Like this motherf***er gets we can read the arrest report right? We can read the part where his youngest kid begs the security guard to call the police. Honestly f*** this guy

his story ends poorly- idk in what way but there’s going to be no happy ending here

Last edited:

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

This is the sad reality for a lot of domestic violence issues. Especially when you have children with the partner. A lot of the time the victim feels like complying with investigation/calling the cops puts them in a worse position than being abused. If she did comply, I'd have to imagine Jon would be in jail for a little while.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
i'd like to think his career is over, but part of me thinks him being a POS makes him more sellable.

People will buy to see Jones get knocked out. Something similar happened with Mayweather and he has multiple accounts of beating women. The mighty dollar rules everything especially for Dana White.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
In the end I guess DC really won.
He has always been the winner. He'll still be bankrolling himself until retirement, working with the UFC and doing other constructive things with his life. Anyone who wasn't a Jon Jones sycophant knew Jones would be a broke crackhead fighting bums on the street once his fighting career was over. But even I didn't think it would happen until he was in his 40s or 50s.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
It's been about 18 months since he last had a fight, just cut him and move on. Make a statement that his behavior will no longer be tolerated by at least suspending him. He at the very least needs to be in some sort of treatment center.

That's what they should do. But instead...

White wouldn’t make a definitive statement on whether the promotion was considering cutting ties with Jones following his latest issues. Instead, the UFC boss made a vague statement regarding the roster and that there are a multitiude of difficulties that come with dealing with the athletes who make their money fighting for a living.

“I got 650 guys. There’s s—t that goes on here everyday,” White said. “It’s the fight business. Every day we’ve got stuff going on, stuff that you don’t know about that we deal with on a daily basis. It’s what we do. We’ll see how this thing plays out legally and we go from there.”

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
That's what they should do. But instead...

White wouldn’t make a definitive statement on whether the promotion was considering cutting ties with Jones following his latest issues. Instead, the UFC boss made a vague statement regarding the roster and that there are a multitiude of difficulties that come with dealing with the athletes who make their money fighting for a living.

“I got 650 guys. There’s s—t that goes on here everyday,” White said. “It’s the fight business. Every day we’ve got stuff going on, stuff that you don’t know about that we deal with on a daily basis. It’s what we do. We’ll see how this thing plays out legally and we go from there.”

Well, I'll say this. He's not scheduled to fight anytime soon so taking the wait-and-see approach on the charges doesn't hurt. It's not like an NFL player when this happens mid-season. Dana is probably right that these guys get into domestic situations all the time but the lower-tier guys don't get reported on like Jon. That statement taken from Dana was before all the details were released so maybe he gets the boot.

I'd prefer he's done for a while until he goes through rehab along with anger management. The UFC should require it for him to fight again. Cutting him makes a nice statement.

Reactions: 16Skippy

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Well, I'll say this. He's not scheduled to fight anytime soon so taking the wait-and-see approach on the charges doesn't hurt. It's not like an NFL player when this happens mid-season. Dana is probably right that these guys get into domestic situations all the time but the lower-tier guys don't get reported on like Jon. That statement taken from Dana was before all the details were released so maybe he gets the boot.

I'd prefer he's done for a while until he goes through rehab along with anger management. The UFC should require it for him to fight again. Cutting him makes a nice statement.

Yea I think BC said it perfectly on Morning Kombat. He's had multiple of what we thought we rock bottoms. Edit: also 'can we not talk about his his heavyweight comeback and how can he avoid lifetime in jail or worse'

So therefore I agree cutting him would make a better statement than implying that low tier guys are greasy too and he's only in trouble because he's more famous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Yea I think BC said it perfectly on Morning Kombat. He's had multiple of what we thought we rock bottoms. Edit: also 'can we not talk about his his heavyweight comeback and how can he avoid lifetime in jail or worse'

So therefore I agree cutting him would make a better statement than implying that low tier guys are greasy too and he's only in trouble because he's more famous.

Agreed, if anything it's the opposite. He's more famous and richer and thus gets preferential treatment (or at least higher end legal representation). A lot of people get jail time and long term probation for the type of stuff Jon has done. He's had compounding legal issues and still gets slapped on the wrist. Multiple felonies charges, multiple battery charges, multiple DWI/DUI charges, and a firearms charge. Yet no jail time and no substantial probation.

Jon has given the legal authorities every opportunity to make an example out of him and punish him for acting astray, but they never do. They give him minor probations and fines. I guess we'll see what comes of this one.

I hope the UFC doesn't cut him but just refuses to book him until he goes to rehab or something. I'm not sure if it's nose beers or regular alcohol but he's got to fix whatever it is that makes him do this stupidity (I don't think he's an inherently bad person). BC is right, if he keeps down this path he's going to end up in jail or dead.

Reactions: 16Skippy

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Agreed, if anything it's the opposite. He's more famous and richer and thus gets preferential treatment (or at least higher end legal representation). A lot of people get jail time and long term probation for the type of stuff Jon has done. He's had compounding legal issues and still gets slapped on the wrist. Multiple felonies charges, multiple battery charges, multiple DWI/DUI charges, and a firearms charge. Yet no jail time and no substantial probation.

Jon has given the legal authorities every opportunity to make an example out of him and punish him for acting astray, but they never do. They give him minor probations and fines. I guess we'll see what comes of this one.

I hope the UFC doesn't cut him but just refuses to book him until he goes to rehab or something. I'm not sure if it's nose beers or regular alcohol but he's got to fix whatever it is that makes him do this stupidity (I don't think he's an inherently bad person). BC is right, if he keeps down this path he's going to end up in jail or dead.

It appears he will only get hit with the damage to police property charge as the victim is not cooperating. I'm guessing it will be another slap on the wrist. You're right, they should not cut him as another promotion will just sign him the next day. Put him on ice until they feel he's on the right path. Jones just gave up all his leverage in negotiating $$$ for the next fight.

Reactions: CDJ and Taytro

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
reminds me of this

“I look at that young lady on his PR team and I see in her eyes that she’s fighting a losing battle”

This was the exact clip that came to mind. It's a shame that fight went the way it did and fans disrespected DC for years. At least now they see his wisdom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad