Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
200.gif

Reactions: Ranksu

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
This seems like a weird add to me, but I've not really seen anything of him. Not significant competition for Husso for the backup role, and a healthy AHL salary for a guys who's got a sv% hovering around .900 over the past couple of years at that level.

But, we've typically been good at identifying decent goalies. Johnson aside.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
This seems like a weird add to me, but I've not really seen anything of him. Not significant competition for Husso for the backup role, and a healthy AHL salary for a guys who's got a sv% hovering around .900 over the past couple of years at that level.

But, we've typically been good at identifying decent goalies. Johnson aside.
Husso is on a one way deal, but CapFriendly.com is reporting this as a two way deal at the moment. Have you seen an AHL salary associated with this?

Frankly, I think he is roughly the level of competition we needed for Husso if the goal is to have Husso win the job. He's not good enough to steal the job is Husso performs well, but good enough to grab a few starts if Husso falters or one of Husso or Binnington gets dinged up. I feel like if there is a long-term injury to one of those guys or Husso completely implodes there will still be guys looking for work that can handle a start or two a week.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Husso is on a one way deal, but CapFriendly.com is reporting this as a two way deal at the moment. Have you seen an AHL salary associated with this?

Frankly, I think he is roughly the level of competition we needed for Husso if the goal is to have Husso win the job. He's not good enough to steal the job is Husso performs well, but good enough to grab a few starts if Husso falters or one of Husso or Binnington gets dinged up. I feel like if there is a long-term injury to one of those guys or Husso completely implodes there will still be guys looking for work that can handle a start or two a week.
Strickland reporting it is $700k/$375k for him.

I guess that it makes sense that if Husso bombs or we get an injury then we'd have to add someone else anyway. It's just more of an outright handing the player the spot than I think we've been used to seeing.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Really like this signing. Was stuck in a bad organization in the Flames - saw him win a NCAA national championship with Providence (with Jake Walman), where he was lights out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad