Injury Report: Jokinen 10/20/16 (LBI, knee?), returned 11/10, shut down for the season 4/5/17

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Hoffren is pretty tight with Finnish NHL players, don't think anyone else has reported the time JJ is expected to miss. Some sort of knee problem dating back to the World Cup according to GR & others.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Harvey saying at least another two weeks for Jokinen.

This is getting dicey. As I mentioned before when Hubs got hurt, we can't afford to have more top 6 guys go down and I was hoping they'd acquire someone who could put up some points in the top 9.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Harvey saying at least another two weeks for Jokinen.

This is getting dicey. As I mentioned before when Hubs got hurt, we can't afford to have more top 6 guys go down and I was hoping they'd acquire someone who could put up some points in the top 9.
Yikes, should've considered picking up Michalek on waivers then.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Gallant should just stop answering questions regarding injuries. I'm not sure if he's being fed BS or if he's just an optimistic person, but he's usually way off in terms of when he expects guys to be back in the lineup. I actually feel bad for the guy that he has to deal with crap like this.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Gallant should just stop answering questions regarding injuries. I'm not sure if he's being fed BS or if he's just an optimistic person, but he's usually way off in terms of when he expects guys to be back in the lineup. I actually feel bad for the guy that he has to deal with crap like this.
Hoffren heard that directly from JJ though, hence "at least 2 weeks".

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Well, that's my point though, did Gallant not say that he thought there was a possibility Jokinen could play this weekend? That's only a week.
Maybe Gallant wants to keep opposing teams guessing who's in the line-up? :dunno:

He's optimistic for sure.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
It's interesting that with 3 forward injuries, none of it has spurred them to put Thornton in the lineup, and I certainly agree it's the right move, I'm just surprised.

That said, I'm still not seeing much from Rau. At this point, they may be better off moving up someone else from a lower line, that is if Sceviour could play LW, as I don't think McCann has earned it and I'm not sure McKegg or Harper are good enough to do it yet.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
oh **** thatmeans barkov jussi... nooooooooo

Swede93

Sep 14, 2009
I know Jokinen and Barkov haven't worked in the past, but neither Sasha nor Jagr are very effective with March. March plays such a north-south game and fires everything at net. Wouldn't mind trying these lines for one game:

Jokinen-Sasha-Jagr
March-Tro-Smith
McCann-Malgin-Sceviour
McKegg-Mac-Harper

Barkov and Jagr may be able to get their cycle game going a bit more with Jokinen, and March's effectiveness hasn't been hinging on playing with Barkov and Jagr so wouldn't worry that much about a drop off in production. Could also see him doing really well with Malgin and keeping Sceviour with tro and Smith as they seem to be producing of late.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Hopefully Hawryluk or Hunt
That's the dilemma. Neither of those guys at this point has earned a call-up to the big club because they have been mediocre. Hunt to his credit has turned it up a notch, but still has a lot to prove at the pro level. :)

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
That's the dilemma. Neither of those guys at this point has earned a call-up to the big club because they have been mediocre. Hunt to his credit has turned it up a notch, but still has a lot to prove at the pro level. :)

Neither has been mediocre....

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
That means more ice time for Big Nick. Let the tank roll on!

fPhOFbN.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad