Jokerit Helsinki 2014/15 Season Talk - Part II [MOD WARNING #439]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Santeri Saari comes back from Karlskoga as Todd won't play for about 4 weeks.
Defense can't take any more injuries. Jere transfer looks quite bad now. Saari might get some games against "weaker" opponents but KHL is wrong league for him.

WeAre

Sep 20, 2014
so does Jokerit have a farm team and were is it?

Nope. Sm-liiga says that no one should be dealing with Jokerit. Rumours said that HPK and TPS got penalized because they played training games against Jokerit. Sm-liiga also "forget" to send invitation to Jokerits office when last season ended. Can you believe? "Oh well I just forgot to send you an invitation to sm-liiga gaala" :laugh:

It's turning now upside down. Sm-liiga is playing for half empty arenas. Even liiga fans watch more KHL-games than their "own" team in liiga :yo:

And we heard that HPK is now bankrupt. Too little audience there and no cashflow. Many liiga fans said that KHL will fall....well sounds like Liiga is falling apart piece by piece HPK leading the way. :naughty:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Lyyga thought too much of themself. They thought they can just turn peoples opinion against better hockey with being arrogant. At least in my case, they only achieved hate against themselfs. I hate liiga organisation in every aspect. Not the teams though, not all at least. KalPa I obviously do not hate.

wakawakawaka

Nov 15, 2014
Nope. Sm-liiga says that no one should be dealing with Jokerit. Rumours said that HPK and TPS got penalized because they played training games against Jokerit. Sm-liiga also "forget" to send invitation to Jokerits office when last season ended. Can you believe? "Oh well I just forgot to send you an invitation to sm-liiga gaala" :laugh:

It's turning now upside down. Sm-liiga is playing for half empty arenas. Even liiga fans watch more KHL-games than their "own" team in liiga :yo:

And we heard that HPK is now bankrupt. Too little audience there and no cashflow. Many liiga fans said that KHL will fall....well sounds like Liiga is falling apart piece by piece HPK leading the way. :naughty:

so i take it the finnish league was really mad that Jokerit joined KHL? and they seem to be doing quite well as they are close to taking the top spot in their division

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki

I wouldn't say there's anything positive about that.

wakawakawaka

Nov 15, 2014
maybe he is just happy about how sm-liiga is getting their "just desserts" for being mean to the jesters?

eal

Sep 5, 2014
Big Finnish teams should just join KHL. All of these little countries having their own senior leagues in Europe is pointless.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
so what exactly happened with the move that caused so much problems?

Harkimo railroaded the decision through with Kummola without proper procedure with SM-Liiga. There should have been a vote among the league shareholders but Kummola basically just announced it even though he as the Finnish hockey fed boss couldn't have made the decision on his own. Since Harkimo/Jokerit clearly broke rules, other clubs could have thrown them out of the league for the 2013-2014 season. He ended up having to pay each club 400K euros as compensation. Had he done everything accordingly, he most likely wouldn't have gotten the permission.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Harkimo on twitter: Kun lukee päivän Iltasanomia ei voi välttyä ajatukselta että se promoisi Sm-liigaa koska heillä on myös liigan tv sopimus.

Anybody to translate?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Harkimo on twitter: Kun lukee päivän Iltasanomia ei voi välttyä ajatukselta että se promoisi Sm-liigaa koska heillä on myös liigan tv sopimus.

Anybody to translate?

(*) = Not part of translation

When you read iltasanomat (also refered as ilta-crap*), you can't avoid getting a sense that Iltasanomat is promoting SM-Liiga, as they also have TV-deal with Liiga (apparentally trough Nelonen TV*).

Of course they promote. Don't see anything wrong there. What is wrong is bashing Jokerit and their projects becuase of Liiga-bias..

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
(*) = Not part of translation

When you read iltasanomat (also refered as ilta-crap*), you can't avoid getting a sense that Iltasanomat is promoting SM-Liiga, as they also have TV-deal with Liiga (apparentally trough Nelonen TV*).

Of course they promote. Don't see anything wrong there. What is wrong is bashing Jokerit and their projects becuase of Liiga-bias..

It's not Lüga bias but rather due to the publishers feud with Harkimo.

loppa*

Ha, okay.

One more side question - what is a skog? I am guessing that it is a finnish word? I asked you via private message, but no reply.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Ha, okay.

One more side question - what is a skog? I am guessing that it is a finnish word? I asked you via private message, but no reply.

I guess I didn't see it.

It's a genius variation of Landeskog, landet = countryside, skog = forest

In Swedish of course.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
500 people from Tampere will arrive to watch the match between Jokerit and Amur. The head coach of Amur coached Tappara from 2012 until the last season and Tuukka Mäntylä is a long-time player of Tappara.

And there's a district in Tampere called Amuri, which derives it's name straight from the Amur region, after Finnish immigrants went there in the 19th century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna