Injury Report: Johnsson: Leg || Update: LTIR

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
AJ really tried hard last night. He was givin er. I don't think we have right mix of top end players for him in a top line role but his effort caught my attention. No one can tell me he is not givin er. He is. Of all guys playing on our top 2 lines he tried the hardest.

His effort is always there, but he is undersized and gets bullied off pucks.

He is a steal for another team with size and crash, but need a speedy guy to net some goals.

Dubas vision is in question at the moment... Seems like we do need some size and board players. Hyman and Kap seem like our only 2 decent sized grit players.

Johnsson as mentiones is tough, but gets knocked off the puck too often.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
His effort is always there, but he is undersized and gets bullied off pucks.

He is a steal for another team with size and crash, but need a speedy guy to net some goals.

Dubas vision is in question at the moment... Seems like we do need some size and board players. Hyman and Kap seem like our only 2 decent sized grit players.

Johnsson as mentiones is tough, but gets knocked off the puck too often.
ABSOLUTELY this

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
And walked to the arena barefoot through 10 feet of snow carrying their own equipment.
Love it man. LOL. Yesterdays broken femur is today's small bone crack. Back in the day a 5ft10 guy was 6ft as some measured with skates on. or do guys today not play through stuff. Can't even remember how many games I played with small cracks in fingers and hands and face. or is this an LTIR move to get a months worth of space?

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I didn't like him at all playing with 34/88, I'd like to see a big beefy bastard that goes to the net and creates room...unfortunately we have no such player.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I hope Mango won't be out too long, but the Matthews line needed a shakeup and this will force Keefe to adjust. Hyman is the most logical replacement.

I agree. I like Mikheyev with JT and Marner, but have never liked Johnsson with Matthews and Nylander. For all the flak he takes (including from myself in the past) Hyman has had chemistry with those two.

IMO AJ is the first guy that needs to go. Replace him with a better backup and a more suitable 3rd line option.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
MARINCIN. FFS i cannot understand how this clown has a pro contract. This guy is absolute garbage at every aspect of the game.

Dubas please wake up.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
MARINCIN. FFS i cannot understand how this clown has a pro contract. This guy is absolute garbage at every aspect of the game.

Dubas please wake up.

He's an elite AHL player however...he's good to have on the Marlies but should be the last option to be called up.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
He was so miscast on the Matthews line that this is hardly even a loss. I wish he'd have been moved down to the 3rd line weeks ago, maybe a checking role, some penalty killing. As far as the Matthews line, it's almost irrelevant at this point.
It's ironic that AJ was in full panic mode to block that shot, I forgot the exact play but he either turned it over or missed a clearing attempt, good on him for the effort but the usual tire fire that line had become in the Dzone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad