Johnny Hockey Contract Watch - The End of Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
In regards to not wanting superstars to take pay cuts, I don't see why. A lot do. You got to find the sweet spot that works for both parties. Subban didn't take one because he came off a bridge deal. Toews and Kane went for max money because it was third contend they both had won cups, so getting paid was their priority.

Look at Tampa. You can argue both Stamps and Hedman took less to try to keep a competitive team. You've got to at least try to get then down a bit.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I thought the gap was 1.25 according to McKenzie and Francis? If it has closed how is it considerable?

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007

just goes to show you what kind of tight ship Treliving runs if these negotiations have been going on for this long and there's no leak, except tweedle-dumbs made up numbers, about what kind of money and term is actually being discussed. All the big insiders have only had speculation all this time.

Once in a while it's nice to get a rumor here and there, but then when something like the Hamilton trade happens out of nowhere, that's like being a kid on christmas morning. :laugh:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Hey I heard they're close. No details at all. No Numbers, no time-frame, no inside info. Oh wait it was from tweets of normally reliable insiders in the last few pages of this thread.

Lol.

No one knows a ting. Except maybe Franchise.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
As much as it sucks not hearing anything about it, I like how tight-lipped Tre is.

It's annoying and refreshing at the same time.
It's annoying we know nothing.
It's good that whenever he talks to someone there's not a million speculations that get leaked unless it's from the other side.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Also, my opinion, but JG is a much better player than McKinnon (a name I've heard his name linked to with regards to contracts).

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Guys, I have a reliable source that confirmed to me that Gaudreau text his agent today, then had Skittles and Nutella afterwards. Now I don't know what the text said, but Skittles.. amirite?

Aug 3, 2010
Read between the lines, but Treliving is back in Calgary without a signed Gaudreau. Looks like it'll take a few regular-season games before it'll be figured out.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
raw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad