Johnny Boychuk- Out 3 to 4 weeks Lower Body

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Big loss in the playoffs especially on that pk, but I don't think it's unrecoverable. The MVPs for this team is Lehner, and Trotz.

1 Timer

Aug 23, 2009
Howell, NJ
Okay with that said I am hoping Vande Sompel or Aho get a look because they are very good at getting the puck up the ice. Hickey has some playoff experience but gets pushed around a lot.

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
Hail Trotz! Hope we'll see you in Round 2.
Boychuk and Oshie can share a bag of popcorn.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
enjoy your 1 series win. maybe you will get another 1 within a couple decades this time

Every fan base has their idiots. I won’t hold this stupid post against the Pens fans. The majority were very gracious and complementary of the isles during and after the series.

But to this particular pens fan....
tenor.gif

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
Every fan base has their idiots. I won’t hold this stupid post against the Pens fans. The majority were very gracious and complementary of the isles during and after the series.

But to this particular pens fan....
tenor.gif
He knows it like we do,we NEED Manchuck in the lineup,but hey,you can't win all the time Sid....lol

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I really don't want to see Hickey in the lineup. I know he has that OT goal under his belt but he always gets manhandled in the playoffs. Even in the regular season this year, we looked at our worst with him in the lineup.

I'd love to at least see Aho brought up and kept on standby in case Hickey becomes a liability out there. Would suck for the BST playoff run, but whatever....this is a freaking Cup run we're talking about. When was the last time the "Islanders" and "Stanley Cup" were mentioned in a sentence without being drenched in sarcasm?

Reactions: Newsworthy

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
I really don't want to see Hickey in the lineup. I know he has that OT goal under his belt but he always gets manhandled in the playoffs. Even in the regular season this year, we looked at our worst with him in the lineup.

I'd love to at least see Aho brought up and kept on standby in case Hickey becomes a liability out there. Would suck for the BST playoff run, but whatever....this is a freaking Cup run we're talking about. When was the last time the "Islanders" and "Stanley Cup" were mentioned in a sentence without being drenched in sarcasm?
You may not want to see it, but Hickey will be in the line up. So, you might as well get used to it. That is the way that Trotz works. And, I feel he deserves the spot.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
I'd put Shannon the announcer or Trotz himself out on the ice before hickey, who utterly sucks. I've been saying this for years, and I REALLY wish to never see him again in a NYI jersey.

They play like garbage when he's in the lineup, and given how well the young d-corps has played, add in Aho or some other young player who's hungry and has talent. An occasional rookie dman mistake I can live with; Hickey's relentlessly lousy play I really don't want to.

Reactions: Newsworthy

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
That's actually a pretty significant loss. Boychuk may not be what used to be, but he provides a ton of intangibles for this team. He missed some time when the Isles were struggling a bit couple months ago and i thought the team really missed him.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
People forget that Hickey has played well in the p[layoffs before. Isles will miss Boychuk, just like WAS will miss Oshie and CAR will miss Ferland.

Isles young guys on D have stepped up and logged most of the ice time.

From the Athletic
"Boychuk has a long playoff pedigree — Tuesday was his 101st postseason game. But Barry Trotz hadn’t been leaning on his most senior defenseman. Boychuk averaged 18:51 over the first three games of the sweep, fifth of the six defensemen. His 16:52 of even-strength time was fourth, ahead of Devon Toews and Scott Mayfield. The Nick Leddy-Boychuk pair was clearly Trotz’s second option, as they were mostly assigned to whatever line Evgeni Malkin was centering.

Adam Pelech and Ryan Pulock were able to contain Sidney Crosby for the series. Should the Isles face the Hurricanes, you would assume Pelech and Pulock would get the same assignment against the Nino Niederreiter-Sebastian Aho-Teuvo Teravainen line that has been far and away Carolina’s best through its first-round series."

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Okay with that said I am hoping Vande Sompel or Aho get a look because they are very good at getting the puck up the ice. Hickey has some playoff experience but gets pushed around a lot.
Just cannot see Lou & Trotz calling up a kid and playing him over Hickey,a vet.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Make it happen, guys. The Hick is playoff tested, and a flop. Sticking him with Leddy is the prescription for disaster.
The last time the Isles were in the playoffs, Hickey was one of the Isles best Dmen. Definitely had some of, if not the best stats of all Isles Dmen....

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon

Sebastian Aho vs Sebastian Aho in the 2nd round :sarcasm:

Reactions: MattMartin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad