Player Discussion Johnathan Kovacevic

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I think we should go into. Ext season with at most 6 or 7 of the following 8 dmen.

Matheson - Savard
Struble - Guhle
Xhekaj - Barron
Harris - Kovacevic

Plus, Reinbacher, Hutson, Mailloux, Engstrom, and Trudeau in Laval.

That means one or two have to be moved. Who are you moving? I say ideally Hartis as nd Kovacevic. But it depends on who gets what kind of offers.
It's very rare for a team to go into a season with 6D. Having 7D is by far the most common, and 8D happens more often then 6 does.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Kovacevic is a great guy to have around at his current cap hit, he's fine on the 3rd pair and because he makes **** all it isn't a big deal if he sits in the press box for games.

The reason I would trade him this year or next would be because he'll get a big raise once he becomes a UFA and I don't want the Habs to be the ones to give him that increase.

GMs are obsessed with right shot defenceman with size, next summer some GMs will see a 27 year old 6'5" right handed shot D and overpay for him. The last couple offseasons we saw third pairing, RHD with size like Holl, Rutta, Lyubushkin, Schenn and Poolman get around $3M.

Reactions: Hins77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's very rare for a team to go into a season with 6D. Having 7D is by far the most common, and 8D happens more often then 6 does.
Yes, we can sign a 7D in the offseason, or go with Harris or Kovacevic as the 7D.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think people overrate him a lot personally. He's nothing special and i would certainly not overpay him at the end of his contract, He is a body and it's nice to have him at league's minimum salary but that's about it. He was brutal yesterday against NYR.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I think people overrate him a lot personally. He's nothing special and i would certainly not overpay him at the end of his contract, He is a body and it's nice to have him at league's minimum salary but that's about it. He was brutal yesterday against NYR.
Exactly . Sell Savard high this year for 1st +
Sell Kovacevic at next Tdl for a 2nd

biblihockey

Mar 15, 2022
Shawinigan
hockeyblog.me
Do you think Harris is way better thant Kovacevic ? I cannot find a seat for Harris .

Reactions: 1909

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad