John Tavares would be ___ line C on your team?

Where would Tavares slot into your team?

• Total voters

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Yo @Dache he’d look great as your second line winger, huh?
No right now I’d have him above Scheifele who hasn’t looked great the last while. Still think I’d put Ehlers and Connor back with PLD though as they were very good together. So Tavares would be with Scheifele and Wheeler, likely as the C. It’s almost like he’s been playing better since I made that post. Or am I just supposed to stick to picking my player no matter what like you?

The90

Feb 27, 2017
No right now I’d have him above Scheifele who hasn’t looked great the last while. Still think I’d put Ehlers and Connor back with PLD though as they were very good together. So Tavares would be with Scheifele and Wheeler, likely as the C. It’s almost like he’s been playing better since I made that post. Or am I just supposed to stick to picking my player no matter what like you?
Makes sense that the 18 point centre should play above the 25 point guy.

What’s up with scheifele? Down year so far.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Salsa Shark

Sep 1, 2009
Jersey
Only way he’s a 3C on any team is if we’re talking about the Oilers and Penguins.
Not necessarily. It would never happen but on the NYR Strome centers Panarin case closed. Any line with Panarin on it is the de facto first line. Would a theoretical Tavares line automatically jump ahead of the Zibanejad line? Not sure.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Makes sense that the 18 point centre should play above the 25 point guy.

What’s up with scheifele? Down year so far.
Where did I say above? I said who I thought the linemates should be based on who I thought would or has played well. If you’ll look back I thought Tavares would play with Scheifele and Wheeler from the beginning. You really need to stop looking for hate where there is none. Not sure what Scheifele and Wheelers problem is. I think possibly it’s an effort thing because they still do both show at times that the skill and iq is still there. My biggest worry is that they see the future coming of the 3 younger guys overshadowing them and it upsets them. If that’s the case this won’t end well and really taints any sort of leadership they do/did have.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Probably 3c, but if he can play wing I could see him taking Yamo's spot on the 2nd line.
Draisaitl has kind of had a track record of getting caved in when not playing with McDavid at 5v5 recently so wouldn't it make much more sense to have Tavares carry his own line and then have Draisaitl on McDavid's wing which has proven to be extremely successful in the past?
Screenshot_20211202-114159_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211202-113915_Chrome.jpg

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Where did I say above? I said who I thought the linemates should be based on who I thought would or has played well. If you’ll look back I thought Tavares would play with Scheifele and Wheeler from the beginning. You really need to stop looking for hate where there is none. Not sure what Scheifele and Wheelers problem is. I think possibly it’s an effort thing because they still do both show at times that the skill and iq is still there. My biggest worry is that they see the future coming of the 3 younger guys overshadowing them and it upsets them. If that’s the case this won’t end well and really taints any sort of leadership they do/did have.
I’m not looking for hate. You just tried dragging me in another thread that got closed right after.

Right on about scheifele. I wouldn’t say he’s done yet, the passing of the torch isn’t usually
Done overnight and organically just kinda happens.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I’m not looking for hate. You just tried dragging me in another thread that got closed right after.

Right on about scheifele. I wouldn’t say he’s done yet, the passing of the torch isn’t usually
Done overnight and organically just kinda happens.
What are you talking about? The post where I clarified the other guys words where you were also basically calling him a hater?
0B3233D1-09C2-41DE-ACAC-9B89D50099CA.png
Just stop man this is getting exhausting already. And no I don’t think Scheifele is done either per se, just worry about his effort level if that is indeed the reason for the drop off

Reactions: dukeofjive

The90

Feb 27, 2017
What are you talking about? The post where I clarified the other guys words where you were also basically calling him a hater?
View attachment 486375
Just stop man this is getting exhausting already. And no I don’t think Scheifele is done either per se, just worry about his effort level if that is indeed the reason for the drop off
If you’re tired, have you tried not responding to my posts? There’s an option there. It’s almost as if you can’t resist.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
If you’re tired, have you tried not responding to my posts? There’s an option there. It’s almost as if you can’t resist.
Oh I’m well aware that’s an option that’s becoming more and more appealing with every empty, uninformed, biased, hate fueled post. Way to dodge the whole point of me “dragging you” yet again just throwing the idea of hate out there for zero reason. Maybe you’d finally “win the argument” like you said.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukeofjive

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Hes been the third best center in the League so far this year. Toronto has been the best team in the league if you take out the first 2 weeks of the season and hes been their best player. Now hes not the third best center in league probably but is still in the top ten. Half the players being mentioned above him are hilarious.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Definitely not a guy you want 1st or 2nd in the playoffs given his performances and the Leafs performances with him as captain.
Yea a freak knee to the head is for sure his fault.
If anything, the fact that he has come back and played as well as he has is more of a positive than the negative you try to portray it to be

Mar 26, 2010
If Tavares wasn't a leaf he would get so much respect. Guy is an amazing hockey player does everything well especially the little things like face offs and positioning which go unappreciated.
We have a winner here :laugh:. It pretty much comes down to this.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Sweet. But just to clarify, your reasoning was with Tavares playing the wing where he’s almost never played so that pld could take his spot correct?

I agree he’ll likely regress back to his usual 70-80 point pace
You say “my reasoning” then don’t actually say any reason when I did in fact give my reasoning. I don’t think that sentence had a point or makes sense. My reasoning was I felt the chemistry between Connor/Ehlers/Dubois would be better, and I felt the chemistry with Scheifele/Tavares/Wheeler would be better and at the time preferred Scheifele at C. I’m not sure what you’re so offended about that for. Nearly anyone looking at that with an open mind would find it reasonable even if they disagree

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You say “my reasoning” then don’t actually say any reason when I did in fact give my reasoning. I don’t think that sentence had a point or makes sense. My reasoning was I felt the chemistry between Connor/Ehlers/Dubois would be better, and I felt the chemistry with Scheifele/Tavares/Wheeler would be better and at the time preferred Scheifele at C. I’m not sure what you’re so offended about that for. Nearly anyone looking at that with an open mind would find it reasonable even if they disagree
Right on. When I’m making line combos I usually take the highest scorer out of their natural position to make someone else more comfortable as well. It’s just sound logic.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Right on. When I’m making line combos I usually take the highest scorer out of their natural position to make someone else more comfortable as well. It’s just sound logic.
At the time he wasn’t the highest scorer, I never said it was about making anyone “comfortable” and I’ve said I would have him at C now. Not sure why you’re trying to twist my words and make things up. For about the 10th time in this thread you’re looking for something negative that’s not there. And nearly every one of your posts has a borderline personal attack on me for an opinion of mine and that isn’t unreasonable. I feel like this is you trying to “win the argument” yet again, yet you are the only one having the argument.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

The90

Feb 27, 2017
At the time he wasn’t the highest scorer, I never said it was about making anyone “comfortable” and I’ve said I would have him at C now. Not sure why you’re trying to twist my words and make things up. For about the 10th time in this thread you’re looking for something negative that’s not there. And nearly every one of your posts has a borderline personal attack on me for an opinion of mine and that isn’t unreasonable. I feel like this is you trying to “win the argument” yet again, yet you are the only one having the argument.
So then me saying you made a hot take and commenting on how jt would likely revert back to his career numbers and saying the opposite for pld was pretty reasonable. But now, since you can’t drop it, you continue to have a really long back and forth with me doubling down on it. It wasn’t a borderline personal attack it was revisiting a topic we discussed that you’re doubling down on again, despite the majority of my points coming true. And we’ll continue to do this because you’re upset and won’t concede that maybe I was correct and the highest scorer of the bunch wouldn’t play as a winger in the place of a 61 point career high middle 6 forward, who, for the record, I’d take on my team any day of the week. But not in place of John Tavares.

Mar 26, 2010
I have seen little to no “disrespect” of Tavares. He’s playing great right now.
Oh it is happening. All is good though…JT has been amazing. Lots of hockey to be played this season still so anything can happen.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
So then me saying you made a hot take and commenting on how jt would likely revert back to his career numbers and saying the opposite for pld was pretty reasonable. But now, since you can’t drop it, you continue to have a really long back and forth with me doubling down on it. It wasn’t a borderline personal attack it was revisiting a topic we discussed that you’re doubling down on again, despite the majority of my points coming true. And we’ll continue to do this because you’re upset and won’t concede that maybe I was correct and the highest scorer of the bunch wouldn’t play as a winger in the place of a 61 point career high middle 6 forward, who, for the record, I’d take on my team any day of the week. But not in place of John Tavares.
What am I doubling down on exactly? Saying that I would have him as the C on what would likely be the first line right now? I’m not sure what you mean by saying I can’t drop it, you keep asking me questions, plus I’m agreeing he’d play C now but for some reason that’s still not good enough. I also never said you made any unreasonable claims. You picked Tavares, I said he’s a good/great player. Never once did I tell you it was a bad take or unreasonable. What “majority” of your points came true? Your only points were Tavares scoring at his career average which I didn’t disagree with, and Dubois scoring at his, which he’s still above despite the jets being horrible for the last 6-7 games, games during which he has still shown great chemistry with the players I said he has when he’s been given the chance to play with them. Once again I never made any hot takes, I chose team chemistry while calling Tavares a great player, and putting him on the first line despite him starting slowly to the year and his position on that line has you so upset weeks later that you feel the need to make personal comments in nearly every post derailing another thread.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
He'd be in their top 6 either as 2c or on the wing. Putting him on the third line would be incredibly stupid.

but the questions was "Tavarese would the _line CENTER on your team"...and on the Oilers if he was soley a center he would be the 3rd line center. the question wasn't where would Tavares fit on your teams roster. if that was the case then yes he absolutely would be in the top 6 somewhere.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
but the questions was "Tavarese would the _line CENTER on your team"...and on the Oilers if he was soley a center he would be the 3rd line center. the question wasn't where would Tavares fit on your teams roster. if that was the case then yes he absolutely would be in the top 6 somewhere.

The actual question of the poll is where would JT slot in on your team. And the correct answer for every team in the NHL is probably top 2C. You don't put $11 man who is still at PPG with good defensive stats on your 3rd line, unless you are running team Canada.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
The actual question of the poll is where would JT slot in on your team. And the correct answer for every team in the NHL is probably top 2C. You don't put $11 man who is still at PPG with good defensive stats on your 3rd line, unless you are running team Canada.

you do when you're top 2 centers are named Draisaitl and Mcdavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad