Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
This specimen.

giphy.gif

Reactions: dukeofjive

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
But is 1c > 2nd best winger on the planet? (Imo after Kucherov)

I'd take Ovi after Kucherov tbh and still yes, impacts the game more. Marchand plays with Bergeron and Pastrnak, this is the first time in Tavares' career that he'll be on a line with elite offensive talent (Marner). You as a Bolts fan, Stamkos gets a boost playing with Kuch (and vice versa), his numbers wouldn't be as great if his linemates were bottom 6 quality.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Marchand has been better the last two years, and was pretty close the year before. He probably deserves to be considered better, though it's hard to separate him from his line given how few elite players play with 2 other top end talents, and a spike in production at his age is often a 1-2 year thing.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Marchand is a little better, so I voted for him in this poll. I’d still rather have Tavares on my team though, mostly due to positional importance.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
I'd take Ovi after Kucherov tbh and still yes, impacts the game more. Marchand plays with Bergeron and Pastrnak, this is the first time in Tavares' career that he'll be on a line with elite offensive talent (Marner). You as a Bolts fan, Stamkos gets a boost playing with Kuch (and vice versa), his numbers wouldn't be as great if his linemates were bottom 6 quality.
I'm struggling to imagine a universe where Josh Bailey's 71 points in 76 games and Anders Lee's 40 goals are "bottom 6 quality," but Mitch Marner's 22 goals and 69 points are "elite"

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Marchand, over the last 2 years: Better offensively overall, better goalscorer, better defensively, plays on the edge and agitates people

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I would take Kane, Laine and Wheeler all over Marchand. If you put Marchand on a line with guys like Little and Saad, I don’t he produces like those elite talents could.

How does he handily outscore them if he's leeching off them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad