John Scott punch on Tim Jackman (Suspended Four Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I could see myself swinging an arm back if someone checked me in the back. It's an understandable reaction made worse by Scott being huge, as far as I can tell. But I'm not opposed to suspensions based on injury (as long as they are dealt out equally, regardless of the player). I don't think you'd see the same suspension for the same reaction from lucic or getzlaf, for example.

Getzlaf isn't a repeat offender. Of course you wouldn't see the same suspension.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Scott is a major goon, no talent, just a cheap shot artist, this isnt 1970 anymore, not sure why this guy is still in the league.

I am surprised side show Scott is still in the league, he may be the last of the one dimensional goons.

Hunting Bow*

Getzlaf isn't a repeat offender. Of course you wouldn't see the same suspension.

Any and every Ducks fan whining about this are hypocrites. In about 30 I could post many cheap shot videos of the Ducks being Ducks. Starting Corey cheap shot Perry!

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Any and every Ducks fan whining about this are hypocrites. In about 30 I could post many cheap shot videos of the Ducks being Ducks. Starting Corey cheap shot Perry!

The same could be said of any and every team, so I guess no one should ever be allowed to complain.

Hunting Bow*

The same could be said of any and every team, so I guess no one should ever be allowed to complain.

Maybe? But the Ducks have been worst for years. They employed Parros for how many years?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Maybe? But the Ducks have been worst for years. They employed Parros for how many years?

You think Parros was a cheap shot artist? You're living in Wonderland, my friend. He was probably the cleanest enforcer you'll see.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Simple question? Why did they need an enforcer?

The same reason other teams need enforcers: To protect their players.

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. That they are so dirty they felt the need to add an enforcer? They are far from the only team to do that, and every team has at least one player who will go out there and fight on occasion. Yes, even the Red Wings have done that. Does that mean the Wings are a dirty, evil team?

Hunting Bow*

The same reason other teams need enforcers: To protect their players.

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. That they are so dirty they felt the need to add an enforcer? They are far from the only team to do that, and every team has at least one player who will go out there and fight on occasion. Yes, even the Red Wings have done that. Does that mean the Wings are a dirty, evil team?

Lol

Tell me the last time the Wings lead the NHL in PIMS?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Parros was probably the cleanest/nicest enforcer in the league. This is turning into a BIG BAD ANAHIEM DUCK thread, which the team hasnt really been sense 2007.

Hunting Bow*

Parros was probably the cleanest/nicest enforcer in the league. This is turning into a BIG BAD ANAHIEM DUCK thread, which the team hasnt really been sense 2007.

Have they lead the NHL in PIMS since 2007?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
hahahahaha parros was dirty? then i guess every enforcer who ever played was dirty. parros was probably the cleanest enforcer of the past 20 years

oh how much i miss the big, bad, dirty, pronger-era ducks teams. great times

Hunting Bow*

Now you're really grasping at straws.

Anaheim hasn't been the big bad Ducks since 2007. You're living in the past.

Fair enough. But it still doesn't hurt my feelings watching a Ducks player getting a dose of the Ducks being Ducks.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Fair enough. But it still doesn't hurt my feelings watching a Ducks player getting a dose of the Ducks being Ducks.

So the basis of your argument is that you hate the Ducks and are okay seeing one of their players get cheapshotted by a zero-talent goon.

You could've just said that right out of the gate and saved everyone a lot of time.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So the basis of your argument is that you hate the Ducks and are okay seeing one of their players get cheapshotted by a zero-talent goon.

You could've just said that right out of the gate and saved everyone a lot of time.

But didnt we have more fun this way :nod:

Hunting Bow*

Yeah, Kocur with his 10 career playoff goals and 231 playoff PIM's was there for his goal scoring prowess. That one goal every 12 games is what put the franchise over the top. :laugh:

Did you watch the 1997 finals? Or 1998? He was a huge part of the wins.

Hunting Bow*

I said it's ironic seeing Ducks fans whining about cheap shots. And it is ironic as well as hypocritical.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Did you watch the 1997 finals? Or 1998? He was a huge part of the wins.

Yes, and in 37 games he had 5 goals and 52 PIM. Just because he occasionally scored a few goals doesn't mean he wasn't still a goon. . None of his goals were critical to any of those series.

Probert was really a much better choice if you wanted to go with an enforcer who could actually play hockey while enforcing

All of this is irrelevant to this discussion and thread though. Every team has had enforcers and rough play in their history. It doesn't legitimize what Scott did. It wasn't a hockey play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad