John Moore?

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Very early, but he's looked real good playing w/Klien.

Agree on what others have said. Just a TON of talent with this kid.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
the del zotto deal was as much about moving mike for a usable asset as it was to jump start moores game again.

john moores game floundered when he was moved to the right side to accomodate del zasters need to play the left side.

i like alot of what ive seen from moore the last few games. still a few goof ups, but moores been more confident with the puck and skating like crazy since del zottos been gone.

i think av and the staff is really expecting to get a 2 fer here. del zotto for klein and a revitalized john moore.

if that happens, then this team will be much improved.

orland

Jul 29, 2002
Weschester County, N
Visit site
Moore and Klein make one of the better 3rd pair defenseman in the league. Pretty impressive trading by Sather getting both for very little - a salary dump and a player that was about to an unwanted RFA. Sather is better at these smaller deals than the big ones.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
it's weird but sort of expected that the initial reaction to this thread was negative after Dallas, but after another good game, everyone likes him! similar to how the borard was split on MDZ until recently, though he'd been the same all season, and not a lot better last season. not a castigation of anyone, just noticing.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
the del zotto deal was as much about moving mike for a usable asset as it was to jump start moores game again.

john moores game floundered when he was moved to the right side to accomodate del zasters need to play the left side.

i like alot of what ive seen from moore the last few games. still a few goof ups, but moores been more confident with the puck and skating like crazy since del zottos been gone.

i think av and the staff is really expecting to get a 2 fer here. del zotto for klein and a revitalized john moore.

if that happens, then this team will be much improved.

The funny thing was MDZ didn't improve at all, even after being pushed to the left side. Call it a gaffe, call it bad coaching, I'm convinced MDZ is just a mentally stupid player, especially when considering he has nearly 3 times the experience of Moore.

(I know the arguement here is that Moore couldn't crack CLB's top 6, therefore he was a terrible defenseman, but I want people with those opinions to think about how awful that environment was, and how it was probably better to be on the AHL affiliate Springfield Falcons, who were top in the league for the last 2 seasons.)

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
And the opposite would have been true as well...
Not really. Mdz could not play the right side nor the left side. He sucked either way.

Moore struggled on the right but was an entirely different player on the left.

The organization made a decision to move Mdz and have Moore attempt to play that puck mover role. His first few games since the trade show me that he's been given the green light to use his wheels to push the puck.

So far so good imo.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Call me a skeptic, but the Devils are a very slow team and Moore was able to skate circles around them and their backcheckers. Good skating and active d-men are death for slow teams. I like the way Moore's play is heading, confident puck carrying through the zone. If his game is becoming better because he's playing with Kevin Klein, that makes the trade even better.

I want to see this controlling of the play a lot more often from Johnny, though.

orland

Jul 29, 2002
Weschester County, N
Visit site
John Moore was just reached his 23rd birthday. His progress to this point of his career is impressive and having a solid stay at home partner vs. a helter-skelter one will help his continued progress going forward.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The hope has to be that he can develop like Nick Leddy did in Chicago. Let him skate. He will make mistakes, he has to learn as he goes. He has a good shot, skates beautifully and plays relatively good defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad