Speculation: John Klingberg missed his 3rd straight practice. Is he on the hook, demoted, or long-term injured??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
/thread

"Just a chance for him to get more treatment and continue to monitor the situation," Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe said of the defenseman. "We don’t think he’ll be on the ice tomorrow either but should be ok on Wednesday just with the treatment he’s getting he’s going to need a couple of days to really help let that sort of settle."
Clear as mud.

Thread Lives!

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
He sucks so bad. IDK how you go from where he was in Dallas so how bad he has been over the last 14 months without a significant injury.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Realized how much of a bag he missed in Dallas, fell to his knees in a Walmart and broke them.

Hasn't been the same since. Donate to your local Swedish giraffe conservation fund, everybody.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I mean he missed a game already due to his injury so IDK what the speculation is? We already have the answer. Unless folks just want to have their conspiracy theories heard yet again

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Worth noting, half his contract was signing bonus so he's effectively a $2M salary, and dwindling as the season progresses.

McLeafy

Sep 26, 2014
The idea I replied I took as insinuating that the Leafs would have an easy time trading him now. I think trading him now, not at the deadline, would be very difficult.

Even at the deadline, I don’t think it’d be an easy task moving him if his play doesn’t improve.
At the deadline that prorated contract will be used as nothing more than a means to balance contracts, if necessary and should he still be expendable. It's expiring and would be around 1M left

It only matters in trades where a team only wants picks and no salary coming back.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Was it Alex Molgilny that asked the coach how much the fine was for missing practice then wrote a check for the rest of the year saying "I'll show up for the games otherwise I'll be home in New York with my family " ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad