John Gibson as a keeper

le mashk

Apr 17, 2013
Hey all

In my 20 teams fantasy hockey league in which I can have 3 keepers allowed, I am considering the option of starting the season with John Gibson as one of my keepers...

Roster positions are: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Goaltenders Stat Categories are: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

There are already 13 goalies already kept in my league.

Would you please give me your opinion about this?

My others keepers are P.Kane (C,RW) and M.Duchene (C,LW). I also have Datsyuk, Chara, Paciorety, Bernier or Miller who could make decents keepers, but I feel that on the long term Gibson is the best option.

What do you think about that? I know he should split time with Andersen this year, but he should be a stud in the future and I am afraid that the manager who will draft him this year would keep him for the 2015/2016 season, where he could definitely get the edge over Andersen.

(Of course I could head to the draft with Gibson as a keeper, and try to draft Andersen to get the Anaheim's duo...)

Thanks a lot for your help, guys!

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Definitely either Max PAC or Gibson but if your league is already keeping numerous goalies Id say go for it

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
If more than half of your league is keeping goalies, I would keep one. Gibson will probably play less time than Andersen this year, due to the fact that Andersen has SLIGHTLY more experience than Gibson. But I would definitely try to pick up Andersen in the draft, and then one other solid goalie or backup. If you have the pair, you are set for a good season, especially on a good team like anaheim. (I had Rask and Johnson last season, and it worked wonders for my goalie categories.)

However, if you are not going with Gibson for whatever reason I would either keep Pax or Bernier (mainly because he's at least a goalie).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad