Confirmed with Link: Johansen to Nashville for Seth Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
Only morons will boo Johansen and unfortunately every fan base have some of those.
Only wish the best for Johansen. One of the best to ever wear the Blue. Hope he turns it around! Best of luck to him !!!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Zherdev did that hold out and threaten to go to the KHL thing. He was never the same after that. He deserved what he got.

I guess but that was kind of a distant memory when he got traded. Especially after the season he had put together the season before he got traded.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
OK, so I got out of bed a little while ago, drank my coffee, started getting ready to head over to Vance's, and then thought about this trade again.

And ya know what?

I am over it. It is what it is, time to move on.

Looking forward to watching Seth Jones become a stud D-man with the CBJ. Not that he isn't somewhat of a stud D-man already.

And, NO, HELL NO! I will never boo Joey. He played badly, but in my book I am not reading into it that he did so to get out. He did not ask for a trade, he was just traded.

I do not boo Nash, but in his case for those that do, I get it. But Joey, no.

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
The reaction in Columbus to Johansen's return will likely be based on the things he says between now and then. He says something negative about the team or the town and he will hear some boos. If he shuts up I think he will get a big ovation.

The Four Seven

You encountered Negative Man!
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
Other than a few huge standout games in his career like the one where he shut down Joe Thornton, I've never been quite as enamored with Joey as many have been. So I'm not exactly devastated to see him leave. That said, the only former player I'd think to boo these days is Carter. Looking forward to seeing what Seth Jones can provide us.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Only morons will boo Johansen and unfortunately every fan base have some of those.
Only wish the best for Johansen. One of the best to ever wear the Blue. Hope he turns it around! Best of luck to him !!!

Yes, this, god yes.

I HATE the booing of Nash, and I'm sure some morons will be Joey too.

Save your booing for Carter people, come on now.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Wow. As a Preds fan that was at every home game against the Blackhawks and glued to the TV for the road games, I can say unequivocally that is not close to being true. Jones looked pretty decent offensively against the Hawks, even carried the puck pretty well most of the time, in his own zone though, it was often a disaster. It is not an overstatement to say that he was on the ice for almost every single Chicago goal and directly responsible for some. I think he'll end up a top pairing guy, probably somewhere along the lines of an Erik Johnson, more or less. Some of you are extremely overrating his current ability though. D-men take some time, don't heap too many expectations on him too early.

Certainly respect your opinion, hopefully you can respect mine: I am a lifelong Hawks fan living in Columbus & a Blue Jacket fan - Seth Jones was a pain in the ass last year in the playoffs (to the Hawks) I for one am glad he is now our PITA. As you pointed out though "#'s don't lie" bahahahaha. You are blaming Seth Jones for the Hawks winning again? I love it.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio

I don't boo Nash, & will not boo Joey. I hope the kid turns it around, gets his head on straight and becomes a Monster for the Preds. I wish no ill will on him - I just wish his play hadn't led to this trade. After the contentious behavior over the last contract I would have thought the kid would have played with his hair on fire.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Joey, I'm not angry anymore. :nod:

hatsoff.gif

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The downside of this trade is it pushes our best possession blueliner out of the rotation stunting his further growth.

Jones has driven play at a 58% clip, 8% better than Columbus’ best possession blueliner, Dalton Prout.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-jones-blue-jackets-predators-trade/78386064/
I hope you're missing a :sarcasm:

Prout literally had one good half a season. And a few games littered througgout the seasons since.

I for one would be delighted if he never wore union blue again.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

Really hope we don't regret this. Also Jones is NOT a top pairing Dman.. He COULD BE. Johansen we know what he was and knew his potential to say otherwise is wrong. Hopefully Jones doesn't turn out to be a Jack or Eric Johnson be if that happens I will be extremely disappointed

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Really hope we don't regret this. Also Jones is NOT a top pairing Dman.. He COULD BE. Johansen we know what he was and knew his potential to say otherwise is wrong.

Whew thanks for repeating what 30 people wrote over the last two days. Wasn't sinking in. :sarcasm:

Everyone on the planet knows that Johansen has a great shot; nothing new there.

I hope both players do very well for these teams and are cornerstones for their teams. I said at the time of the deal I hope both players make their teams regret the move - I hope they both become or return to elite levels.

Seriously folks quit worrying about what you have no control over.

Oh and #neat? Really?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Have you seen Larkins take on Columbus side?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/johansen-for-jones-why-columbus-will-get-the-last-laugh/

"The future of Columbus’ blueline belongs to Jones, freshly extended David Savard and prospects Zach Werenski and Gabriel Carlsson, both of whom went in the first round of the 2015 draft. What really sums up how much Kekalainen has brightened the forecast for Columbus’ blueline: a year ago, Savard and Murray were the future. They were the top two young defensemen in the organization. Now they could rank as low as fourth and fifth, depending on how one projects Carlsson. Jones is now the undisputed crown jewel, blessed with tremendous size, reach, skating, shooting ability and smarts, and Werenski was among the most coveted players of the 2015 draft class"

"The Jackets don’t need to win the No. 1 pick to find what they need in 2016, either, and they would still have a strong shot at the No. 2 or 3 lottery slots under the new format. The draft class is loaded with elite forward prospects, from Auston Matthews to fabulous Finns Jesse Puljujarvi and Patrik Laine. The latter two are wingers but would inject tremendous offense into the franchise regardless.

Jones will get to spread his wings, play lots of minutes and develop in a relatively pressure-free environment for the rest of the season. The Jackets will then use the draft and, in all likelihood, land a forward talent with a ceiling even higher than Johansen’s."

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Whew thanks for repeating what 30 people wrote over the last two days. Wasn't sinking in. :sarcasm:

Everyone on the planet knows that Johansen has a great shot; nothing new there.

I hope both players do very well for these teams and are cornerstones for their teams. I said at the time of the deal I hope both players make their teams regret the move - I hope they both become or return to elite levels.

Seriously folks quit worrying about what you have no control over.

Oh and #neat? Really?

Just my opinion that it is a stupid trade.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
I dont like this trade one bit for Nashville. Seth Jones will be a Doughty in the next few years. Let Foligno and Saad get out of RyJo's spotlight and youll see more from them very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad