Confirmed with Link: Johansen to Nashville for Seth Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I really hope not. Wilson's contract is really bad. 30-point player with just shy of $4m/year for the same term as Hartnell.

It's not that far above the going rate and he put up over 40 points last season.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
My feeling is it's going to happen soon for this reason

Quote from Torts post game press last night

"I was happy with the effort" Ray Charles could see Johansen had no interest in being on the ice last night

like it or not he gone my opinion

They really need some lottery luck if they trade him and could get Mathews....maybe for 1st time in 16 years something will go our way and win the damn lottery

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Going into next season with Jones, Matthews, and Werenski at the cost of Johansen would be ok with me.

Of course it won't work out that way in CBJ land, though.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
But why trade Hartnell for him? Hartnell is better.

Two reasons.

1. Age.
2. The Blue Jackets are likely looking at changing the make up of the locker room. Please review my post on the challenges involved in finding a partner for Hartnell.

In addition you would probably find more willing partners with the teams around the floor if you wanted to flip Wilson during the off season.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Two reasons.

1. Age.
2. The Blue Jackets are likely looking at changing the make up of the locker room. Please review my post on the challenges involved in finding a partner for Hartnell.

In addition you would probably find more willing partners with the teams around the floor if you wanted to flip Wilson during the off season.

flip-wilson-2.jpg

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Well if AP is actually hearing something about a potential trade "intensifying".... Yeah.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Two reasons.

1. Age.

I get it and you make good points. I would just rather keep Hartnell. I have no problem trading him. He just wouldn't be one of the first guys I would try to trade and I would try to take on a contract that isn't as long (even if it costs a little more).

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
While I like Hartnell and I like the diversity he adds to the room. I don't see him as the vet that will hold young players accountable (despite him having the most cred IMO).

You need vets that works that hardest on and off the ice to play that roll and a vet that works hard on the ice and drinks a beer after isn't quite what we need right now. If he could put down that beer and ride the bike after the game, he'd have to stay.

I'm not saying he's a bad influence, just not the ideal influence. I'm not saying in any universe I'd trade him for the equivalent of Colin Wilson.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Well if AP is actually hearing something about a potential trade "intensifying".... Yeah.

Yeah, I figure he wouldn't get any news (at least any he could share), unless the trade was really close. Now, who knows what that trade actually is.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Two reasons.

1. Age.

This analysis seems to discount the "just keep Hartnell" option.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
You might as well make some trades and have a lot of draft picks if you are not going to be good. We need to at least have a little fun ;).

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
You need vets that works that hardest on and off the ice to play that roll and a vet that works hard on the ice and drinks a beer after isn't quite what we need right now. If he could put down that beer and ride the bike after the game, he'd have to stay.

It might be time to step into the new day. Where four passes break any defence and you wash down victories with beer. Victories of your own team. On the ice.

Who wants Seth Jones if you could trade the invisible man for Roman Josi?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I get it and you make good points. I would just rather keep Hartnell. I have no problem trading him. He just wouldn't be one of the first guys I would try to trade and I would try to take on a contract that isn't as long (even if it costs a little more).

Just looking over the roster, I'm not sure who the front office would target outside of him. At least with players that would some value and who you don't think is part of your future.

Saad? No.
Atkinson? Doesn't seem likely, ice time is being thrown at him.
Calvert? Same as above, Torts seems to like and trust him.
Dubinsky? I'd say unlikely.
Campbell? Deadline deal, not much value in a trade like this unless it's just to get cap space to work.
Clarkson? Please. Plus I think he's hurt again.
Boll? Like Campbell, but probably less value
Jenner? I would be shocked.
Bourque? See Boll/Campbell
Wennberg? ROFL, no
Karlsson? ROFL, no
Foligno? I put him in with Dubinsky as unlikely, but I could see something. Contracts with those two might not help deals get done if they wanted to move either of them.
Johansen? Well he's the main piece.

Rychel may or may not have asked for a trade, but you really need to free up a spot for him soon. He seems ready.

Seriously, some of these players they might let them expire (Bourque) or trade at the deadline. But moving Johansen and Hartnell immediately frees up one forward roster spot (assuming you got back a D/F) if you want to bring up Rychel.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Those thinking Josi need to lower their expectations. There's no conceivable way he would be leaving Nashville, not least because he's miles better than Joey has ever been. It's Jones or maybe Ellis.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
This analysis seems to discount the "just keep Hartnell" option.

Just looking over the roster, I'm not sure who the front office would target outside of him. At least with players that would some value and who you don't think is part of your future.

Saad? No.
Atkinson? Doesn't seem likely, ice time is being thrown at him.
Calvert? Same as above, Torts seems to like and trust him.
Dubinsky? I'd say unlikely.
Campbell? Deadline deal, not much value in a trade like this unless it's just to get cap space to work.
Clarkson? Please. Plus I think he's hurt again.
Boll? Like Campbell, but probably less value
Jenner? I would be shocked.
Bourque? See Boll/Campbell
Wennberg? ROFL, no
Karlsson? ROFL, no
Foligno? I put him in with Dubinsky as unlikely, but I could see something. Contracts with those two might not help deals get done if they wanted to move either of them.
Johansen? Well he's the main piece.

Rychel may or may not have asked for a trade, but you really need to free up a spot for him soon. He seems ready.

Seriously, some of these players they might let them expire (Bourque) or trade at the deadline. But moving Johansen and Hartnell immediately frees up one forward roster spot (assuming you got back a D/F) if you want to bring up Rychel.

I just posted this. I suspect the Front Office is looking for more than just moving Johansen. There is plenty of news out there suggesting that the Front Office is surprised and displeased with the way things are going. Hartnell seems more of a help than a hinderance, however he also hasn't stopped taking penalties.

See above for the break down on forwards. Moving Campbell, Boll, and/or Bourque does little for a retool and changing the locker room.

Oh and the discussion was based on a rumored trade. The assumption is that the deal would go down as listed and I'm just answering why Hartnell for Wilson.

Honestly I normally don't involve myself in silly rumors. However this one seems to be beyond a silly rumor and that's when I jump in.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Going into next season with Jones, Matthews, and Werenski at the cost of Johansen would be ok with me.

Of course it won't work out that way in CBJ land, though.

going into next season with

Johnson-Savard (20-24 TOI)
Murray-Jones (18-22 TOI)
Werenski-Goloubef (16-20 TOI)

Instead of leaning on one or two guys to carry the D, we can finally spread the minutes out throughout all 3 pairs, like we use to be able to do on offense.

:yo: :yo: :yo: :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad