Speculation: Joel Farabee

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
From Elliotte Friedman:

"The other one I wonder about is Joel Farabee," he said.

Nothing more. But if there’s smoke, there’s fire?
Farabee is a former 1st rd pick, 24 y.o., set career high season with 50 pts, which is very good for low scoring team without PP. He just completed the second year of a six-year, $30 million contract. The contract doesn't have any trade clauses.

Who might be interested?

For me as a Flyers fan the worst case scenario is trade him just for picks.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
From Elliotte Friedman:

"The other one I wonder about is Joel Farabee," he said.

Nothing more. But if there’s smoke, there’s fire?
Farabee is a former 1st rd pick, 24 y.o., set career high season with 50 pts, which is very good for low scoring team without PP. He just completed the second year of a six-year, $30 million contract. The contract doesn't have any trade clauses.

Who might be interested?

For me as a Flyers fan the worst case scenario is trade him just for picks.
Briere is in charge now with Jones in the organization. See if they truly run the franchise or are still beholden to the old regime that was impatient.

Konecny, Atkinson, Hathaway, Johansen and Peterson are UFA in 2025. Probably buyout Peterson for $4 mill cash but only a $3 mill total dead cap charge. Maybe also buyout Johansen as well or retain to move him out at $2 mill cap hit. Atkinson likely a TDL move.

Konecny, hockey trade. He's 28 at the end of his contract, so have to figure out if you are going to maximize his remaining prime years or whether it will take a couple of years to return to being a consistent PO team.

Farabee, look for a hockey trade vs futures. Flyers have extra first rounders in 24 and 25. And 2 extra 2nds in 24/25 as well.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Kent Hughes for sure will kick tires. Several of the young D, picks, and effective but grossly overpaid bottom sixers are all yours to choose from (Anderson almost scored 30 under Torts, you know you need it)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
And just when I thought Philly was collecting a nice set of F players/prospects:
  • Frost
  • Farabee
  • Foerster
Not everyone you draft will actually be part of the future core. Have to decide which ones to keep and which to move on.

Making the right decision on who to keep, well that’s the question that will remain to be answered.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Farabee best season with 50 pts
No surplus of scoring on team.
Staying unless cant-refuse offer.

Frost 5 less pts in 10 less games. Another keeper.

3 F all mid-late 1st contributing nicely.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think Farabee + Frost for something like Rossi + 13 with adds is something MN might be interested in, though I hate it. I would like to get my hands on Farabee tho.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
He's the guy I originally wanted Ottawa to target instead of DeBrincat. Not sure what Philly would want, but I'd be very interested if something made sense.

Does Chychrun/Chabot for Farabee make any sense as a base?
Ottawa also has Boston's 1st, which I assume would be in play for someone like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyguyOX

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Habs would probably be interested but don’t have a clue what Philly would be looking for.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Flyers prospect pool is bereft of top 6 players. Only Foerster do I have faith in of that group you listed

Centers

Kulich and a 1st and let’s do it
Owen Beck? I don’t know what else Montreal could offer other than him, Dvorak or Evans. Picks maybe?

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Any idea if Konecy COULD be available?

Two months ago, no. But the team fell on its face down the stretch and Briere and Torts were forced to admit/turn to the excuse of "not enough talent." Konecny was particularly bad in that time period, and I think he's more available than he was prior. Would still probably reauire a substantial overpay, though. And instead of the July 1st megaextension that was rumored months ago, they may stretch things down the road to the deadline and see what's up.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
I think Farabee + Frost for something like Rossi + 13 with adds is something MN might be interested in, though I hate it. I would like to get my hands on Farabee tho.
Seems to be fair, but:
- with lack of creativity, exchange one offensive C (Frost) for another (Rossi) doesn’t make a sense. IIRC Wild also has the same trouble with C;
- Does Rossi leave health problems in the past? As a Flyers fan, after history with Sam Morin, Nolan Patrick, Ryan Ellis and probably even Jamie Drysdale healthy status is more important for me than skill set 😂

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
To :hawks
LW/RW Joel Farabee

To :flyers
D Issak Phillips
Lightning 2024 1st round pick (20th overall)

Hawks have plenty of trade chips (Picks) in coming years adding a good young NHL talent to help team now and in coming years (Farabee is signed for next 4 years) would be a good investment

Farabee-Bedard-Kurashev as a 1st line could have very good potential. Bedard/Kurashev showed chemistry together with rotating 3rd wheel. Finding a player to occupy that spot full time would be nice to see

Flyers add another 1st for this year's draft (Would give them 3) or they can try to parlay that pick into another deal (Move up in draft potentially?)

Phillips is 22 yr old LD who has gained NHL experience these past few years but with Hawks LD depth/logjam (Vlasic, Korchinski, Kaiser and Del Mastro now in mix) he is probably odd man out going forward

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad