Prospect Info: Joel Eriksson Ek (C) - 20th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I wanted JEE to build off of his Playoff performance to end last season when the season started. Last night was one of the few games, so far this year, I've seen that quality of play. He already has a solid d-zone game, or at least did last season. It's the o-zone where he gets in trouble.

He needs to play a simple o-zone game: heavy forecheck, go to the net, don't play with the puck too much, make the easy open passes, shoot the puck, etc. He hasn't mastered those skills enough at the NHL level to try the cute things; which get him into trouble now. I really do think the game looks to fast for him because he doesn't have that good foundation of simple o-zone play.

He might just need to stop (over)thinking and just play hockey for awhile. :dunno:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
If you guys had to choose between eek and greenway, who would you keep.

The other player vanishes from existence.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
If you guys had to choose between eek and greenway, who would you keep.

The other player vanishes from existence.

Greenway, pretty easily.

I think an AHL call-up like Anas could honestly be contributing more than JEE right now.

Reactions: THE JAM

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Anas would get manhandled in the NHL. Ek does the right things, but just isn't producing points.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
I think Anas would get manhandled in the NHL. Ek does the right things, but just isn't producing points.

Perhaps it's time to see if someone could be more productive while doing the right things as well ;)

(I agree that probably should start with someone else, not Anas)

Last edited:

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
(but - as suggested before, just consider the trade E Ek / Markus Granlund)
:)

Last edited:

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Where does Granlund play in this lineup?

yeah, it is a problem - just as it is right now with where you should put E Ek / AHL ?

imho in that case Ma Gran would be a JT Brown upgrade as a start - and then, depending on injuries and illnesses and pregnancies, he will soon get a few looks to play higher up, then needs to prove that he is capable to do that also on the Wild

- we know BB loves to shuffle the lines and perhaps, e g if the Wild is down two-three goals ever again, BB puts him up to play with Mi Gran and let us see what happens then ;)

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The other Granlund is a guy you spend a 3rd/4th rounder to get, not JEE.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
yeah, it is a problem - just as it is right now with where you put E Ek

imho in that case Ma Gran would be a JT Brown upgrade as a start - and then, depending on injuries and illnesses and pregnancies, he will soon get a few looks to play higher up, then needs to prove

- we know the coach loves to shuffle and perhaps, if the Wild is down two goals ever again, the coach puts him up to play with Mi Gran and let us see what happens
What sense does it make to trade a 3rd liner to upgrade the 4th line?

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
What sense does it make to trade a 3rd liner to upgrade the 4th line?

Not sure I get your point, in your opinion E Ek is a 3rd liner?
- perhaps he would/could be on a really bad team

(- imho Minnesota Wild is not that bad and actually showing signs of being capable to go pretty far)

Last edited:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
brothers - extra chemistry (might work or not but why not give it a chance if eriksson ek does not fit anyway?)
What happens when Markus gets here and is terrible? You really want to piss Mikael off by cutting his brother?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not sure I get your point, in your opinion E Ek is a 3rd liner?
I think he would perhaps be on a really bad team

(- imho Minnesota is not that bad and actually showing signs of being capable to go pretty far)
Eriksson Ek is not a 3rd liner at the moment, but he's clearly the best option that they have. For now at least. You need to find a replacement 3rd liner before you consider moving one.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Eriksson Ek is not a 3rd liner at the moment, but he's clearly the best option that they have. For now at least. You need to find a replacement 3rd liner before you consider moving one.

.. the best option that they have... well, they have almost not had the need to bring up anyone else, so it's hard to say - the only one that has been brought up is Greenway - and he also did not click with E Ek but as soon as E Ek was ill and out of the line-up for approx a week or 10 days - Greenway found some chemistry and is now producing and playing as a legit NHLer

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
.. the best option that they have... well, they have almost not had the need to bring up anyone else, so it's hard to say - the only one that has been brought up is Greenway - and he also did not click with E Ek but as soon as E Ek was ill and out of the line-up for approx a week or 10 days - Greenway found some chemistry and is now producing and playing as a legit NHLer

Or Greenway was sent to the AHL for a couple of games, scored a hat trick, and gained some confidence.

Reactions: TaLoN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I will ask you again, if you trade Ek, what is your 3rd line?

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
OK - let's get back to it when the team is not winning and/or has several injured key players, never mind carrying a couple of passengers atm - it's hard to send him down to the AHL as long as 80-90% of the Wild are playing above expectations as they do now...

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
I will ask you again, if you trade Ek, what is your 3rd line?

Would like to see some guys from Iowa having a couple of games in the NHL before answering you, don't follow the AHL but people say there could be some Iowa players even good enough for the 3rd line..

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Would like to see some guys from AHL having a couple of games in the NHL before answering you, don't follow the AHL but people say there could be someone even good enough for the 3rd line..
If there was someone in Iowa that could do it better than Ek, He would already be doing it and Ek would be in Iowa. Fenton and Boudreau watch the same games that we do, and they have a lot more information out of Iowa than we do.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
If there was someone in Iowa that could do it better than Ek, He would already be doing it and Ek would be in Iowa. Fenton and Boudreau watch the same games that we do, and they have a lot more information out of Iowa than we do.
I tend to agree with JAM. Time to fire up the bus from Iowa. Try out two from Iowa for the 3c position, send JEE down for a short reset. Can't be a step back from the current situation. Mr Fenton, time for a tweak.

Reactions: THE JAM

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I tend to agree with JAM. Time to fire up the bus from Iowa. Try out two from Iowa for the 3c position, send JEE down for a short reset. Can't be a step back from the current situation. Mr Fenton, time for a tweak.
Gonna need some names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad